TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is up with this window sticker

motorjock205

Why is this NOT LEGAL FOR SALE and Not legal to operate on Streets, Roadways or Highways on the KR window stickers??? If it isn't legal for sale or use on the roadways, how is SAI and FORD selling them to the public???

WindowSticker.pdf

Dealer here in Odessa where I bought my SGT has some kind of Ford Advertising sticker over this portion of the sticker on their KR that is for sale in the show room....I think it is awfully strange....

I believe, (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), if this is a vehicle going to SAI for upfit to KR or SS, it doesn't get certified until after SAI is finished with it. Then they will probably cover up that portion that says "not for sale"...

I think I read this somewhere here on Team Shelby.

I believe, (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), if this is a vehicle going to SAI for upfit to KR or SS, it doesn't get certified until after SAI is finished with it. Then they will probably cover up that portion that says "not for sale"...

I think I read this somewhere here on Team Shelby.

That is accurate, once SAI completes the car that sticker should be replaced or covered. SAI may just be using one of their supplement stickers rather than replacing. Which in this case it seems cool that the sticker is still showing and states not for public sale or street use, meaning this is an all out race car.

That is accurate, once SAI completes the car that sticker should be replaced or covered. SAI may just be using one of their supplement stickers rather than replacing. Which in this case it seems cool that the sticker is still showing and states not for public sale or street use, meaning this is an all out race car.

Yes once SAI completes the vehicle they add their separate window sticker and cover up the not for sale part of the Ford window sticker with a color photo.

Steve

I saw the same thing on a KR that had just been delivered to my selling dealer in late December... although it wasn't supposed to be. The customer had specified museum deliver at SAI in Las Vegas... but oops.. it showed up on a transport truck at the selling dealer in Clearwater, FL.

I snapped this photo with my phone.

post-14757-1231365647_thumb.jpg

post-14757-1231365647_thumb.jpg

Archived