TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my autographed airbag cover back!

Congrats Ilmor...I just sent mine off today for his signature...can't wait!!!

FYI, us BIG guys with BIG hands have a difficult time getting at those top clips for the airbag cover!!! My arms look like minced meat now all the way up to my elbows!

Since my car is out of commission for the winter, maybe this would be a good time to send mine in! What does it take to remove the existing one and could you also post the link on where to send it. Thanks! Looks great.

I just posted the PDF docs on how to remove the airbag cover on this thread....Airbag Removal

Once you have the cover removed from the airbag, fill out the downloadable form and mail it to:

Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation

19021 S. Figueroa Street

Gardena, CA 90248

go here to get the form Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation

It's #2 under How to get Carroll's Autograph...

I'm sending my cover in this week. I'd like to get #1292 added in the corner, above his sig.

Anyone else do this? Is a small note with the package good enough to get this done ya think?

Ken

Ken,

I'm thinking of getting something similar done as well. On the order form, there is a special requests box. That is where I am going to add my build #. Hope that helps.

I'm sending my cover in this week. I'd like to get #1292 added in the corner, above his sig.

Anyone else do this? Is a small note with the package good enough to get this done ya think?

Ken

My cover was returned on December 22. I had the CSM # added. You let them know in your application paper work.

Here is a picture

AirbagCover007.jpg

Thanks Motorjock!

I just posted the PDF docs on how to remove the airbag cover on this thread....Airbag Removal

Once you have the cover removed from the airbag, fill out the downloadable form and mail it to:

Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation

19021 S. Figueroa Street

Gardena, CA 90248

go here to get the form Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation

It's #2 under How to get Carroll's Autograph...

I just ordered a replacement cover today to send in. I should have it off to CSF by next week! It looks great and the CSM# is a GREAT idea! I'll have a spare cover available if anyone wants it. It's "Bright Aluminum" (ribbed). Once I get mine back and someone wants to buy mine it'll be available. Kind of a pay it forward? PM me for details.

Very nice!

Ilmor, how long did it take from mailing to returned?

I shipped it out on 12/6, and received it back on 12/29, so approx. 3 weeks.

A little tip for those sending in the covers, mask off the area you want signed with blue painters tape and arrows as to how, what and where you want it signed. It makes it easier when Carroll's signing.

Looks great Bob.

Roger

A little tip for those sending in the covers, mask off the area you want signed with blue painters tape and arrows as to how, what and where you want it signed. It makes it easier when Carroll's signing.

Looks great Bob.

Roger

Roger, that's a good tip. I didn't do that, but was lucky because it's signed exactly as I wanted it. I recommend others mask off the area also so they don't have to worry like I did!

Archived