TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Take My Name Off The LIST, Dave!

sprint200

Fastbackman, Thanks...I've been thinking that it would be fun to find a red GT500 Sooner fan to get together and do some kind of local TV Bedlam spot. What do you think? Now the only trouble woule be that Ft. Gibson and Edmond are a few miles apart and different local stations... :shrug: Anyone in the OKC area interested?

Oh..and Congrats on that little game up in Columbia.

That would be awesome if we can make it happen. Channel 6, which is our CBS works very closely with their sister station in OKC so they would probably be the best bet. I think that may be your channel 9? Do you know anyone that can make it happen. If my work schedule will allow, I'm game! PM me if you want to try and work this out. I'll give you my e-mail address and cell phone number. Here's a few pics of mine.

post-149-1162402751_thumb.jpg

post-149-1162402912_thumb.jpg

post-149-1162403043_thumb.jpg

post-149-1162425318_thumb.jpg

post-149-1162402751_thumb.jpg

post-149-1162402912_thumb.jpg

post-149-1162403043_thumb.jpg

post-149-1162425318_thumb.jpg

That would be awesome if we can make it happen. Channel 6, which is our CBS works very closely with their sister station in OKC so they would probably be the best bet. I think that may be your channel 9? Do you know anyone that can make it happen. If my work schedule will allow, I'm game! PM me if you want to try and work this out. I'll give you my e-mail address and cell phone number. Here's a few pics of mine.

Fastbackman, you have a PM. btw, I'm very familiar with that road across the dam. Ride my bike there at least once a year (MS150 Tour). There's a really nasty 1mi. climb if you veer left. Never tried it in a car, probably much easier :doh:

Yep, that climbs no problem when you've got 500hp tagging along. That made for a pretty nice photo spot. I also took some at an abandoned airport hanger while I was out but they're not quite as nice. That's neat that you ride through there. It was too bad about the 15 year old boy that got killed in that ride this year. Quite a tragedy. Anyway, I'm anxious to hear back about the bedlam thing!

There are usually small incidents and always miss communication with volunteers giving clearance instructions (usually because of unfamiliarity with the sport of cycling) resulting in smashed bikes and or minor injuries. But this year was very sad! They even canceled the Sunday return ride. Never assume that the road is clear till you can see it yourself.

The news station said they are running the idea thru what ever type of reviews they do....I may also call the Tulsa station anyway. Would be neat to get the macots there too!

• 11 months later...

Archived