TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Take My Name Off The LIST, Dave!

sprint200

For the past two weeks I've tried, in vain, to trace the delivery of this car. No one could tell me where it was. Last Friday the status code at CS changed from verbage to a serial number. I thought for sure this was the railcar number. So I call the sales manager and e-mailed my friend at BNSF, both told me it was not and that the car had yet to be assigned a railcar. That made for a very long weekend. :tequila:

I called the dealership again Monday, he said "call back in the morning and see if I've heard anything". Tuesday morning...nothing. So yesterday morning about 8:30 I ring him up again. He again says that he has not heard from anybody, the transport company, the regional rep, nobody. So I resign myself to another looong day. About 11:00am I get a phone call. It's the dealership. He says "I've found your car." I inquire and he informs me that it's "in my service bay! Just rolled off the truck." I don't think the phone had hit the receiver before I was in my truck!

The shop foreman was great! He let me watch the PDI and showed a lot of stuff about the car; things to think about when considering mod's etc. I drove the car for the road test; (they have a 10 mile loop on a state highway with 70mph speedlimits). When we got to the turn-around, I dropped it into 1st and goosed it a bit...nothing. So as I was shifting into 2nd not expecting much of anything, the world changed! Boost gage jumped, back end of the car squatted down. I slammed on the brakes yelling "Boost, boost, we've got BOOST!" I pulled it down to about 5mph and threw it back into 1st and lit 'em up! Ran it up to about 5k shifted hard into 2nd and smoked the rear wheels. As the smell of burnt F1 rubber wafted through the cockpit, the tech started to laugh. I looked over at him and he was pointing to the dash and said "that was with TCS turned ON!" I have been a law abiding speed limit observing driver since college, but I'm not sure how I'm going to stay out of jail with this thing! I told my friend in the finance dept. to just call the police and go ahead and put the hand-cuffs on.

post-6337-1161954867_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1161954902_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1161954924_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1161954939_thumb.jpg

I'll post more pic's after she's all cleaned up!

post-6337-1161954867_thumb.jpg

post-6337-1161954902_thumb.jpg

post-6337-1161954924_thumb.jpg

post-6337-1161954939_thumb.jpg

For the past two weeks I've tried, in vain, to trace the delivery of this car. No one could tell me where it was. Last Friday the status code at CS changed from verbage to a serial number. I thought for sure this was the railcar number. So I call the sales manager and e-mailed my friend at BNSF, both told me it was not and that the car had yet to be assigned a railcar. That made for a very long weekend. :tequila:

I called the dealership again Monday, he said "call back in the morning and see if I've heard anything". Tuesday morning...nothing. So yesterday morning about 8:30 I ring him up again. He again says that he has not heard from anybody, the transport company, the regional rep, nobody. So I resign myself to another looong day. About 11:00am I get a phone call. It's the dealership. He says "I've found your car." I inquire and he informs me that it's "in my service bay! Just rolled off the truck." I don't think the phone had hit the receiver before I was in my truck!

The shop foreman was great! He let me watch the PDI and showed a lot of stuff about the car; things to think about when considering mod's etc. I drove the car for the road test; (they have a 10 mile loop on a state highway with 70mph speedlimits). When we got to the turn-around, I dropped it into 1st and goosed it a bit...nothing. So as I was shifting into 2nd not expecting much of anything, the world changed! Boost gage jumped, back end of the car squatted down. I slammed on the brakes yelling "Boost, boost, we've got BOOST!" I pulled it down to about 5mph and threw it back into 1st and lit 'em up! Ran it up to about 5k shifted hard into 2nd and smoked the rear wheels. As the smell of burnt F1 rubber wafted through the cockpit, the tech started to laugh. I looked over at him and he was pointing to the dash and said "that was with TCS turned ON!" I have been a law abiding speed limit observing driver since college, but I'm not sure how I'm going to stay out of jail with this thing! I told my friend in the finance dept. to just call the police and go ahead and put the hand-cuffs on.

post-6337-1161954867_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1161954902_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1161954924_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1161954939_thumb.jpg

I'll post more pic's after she's all cleaned up!

Gee, I like that color !...What State are you from ?

That'a a Great story & I'm in the same boat :titanic: waiting for mine to arrive today! CS is having a hard time finding out if it is transit! :rant:

The one common theme I keep noticing is the HUGH SHIT EATING GRIN everyone has when they get this car. Can't wait much longer...PSDS is at the maximum REDLINE mark on the tachometer, If it doesn't come today I think I might spin a bearing or blow a gasket :hysterical:

Congratulations!

I too am waiting on mine to arrive, dealer said it was on the train and left Kentucky on Wednesday. I am heading to Las Vegas next Wednesday so I am pretty sure it will arrive next Wednesday. :doh:

Good to see that you and your wife(?) wore the right colours at delivery time, G :yup:

Congrats, Creamsicle is definitely GrOwing on me!! :beerchug:

lol...Thanks. Married 17 yrs. :happy feet: Met in Stillwater on campus. She just happened to pick that shirt yesterday; I, on the other hand, had to change out of the "office" clothes before hitting the road.

Spirit200: I had to look at the photos again. The car looks awesome. I printed a 8X11 of that photo with the Fall leaves. Great photo. Its now up on my office wall with some of Bone Docs photos. These photos and stories help with the PSDS. If you get a chance, snap a few more shots of that GO machine. We would all enjoy seeing more. B)

Thanks to all.

CWHR I was right there with ya. I "bumped the chip" more than a few times on the PSDS myself. And believe me guys and gals, it'll take a plastic surgeon to get that grin off your face! Hey BoneDoc...? Ahh nevermind.

Hay Spirit200, Between the photos of your car and Docs car on my office wall, it is what keeps the PSDS down a notch. The problem is that both of you have not posted any GO photos of the Butt of the car. Can you help out a Butt man?? ;)

She's not polished or detailed yet but I got her washed up and spent the weekend enjoying some beautiful fall weather. I have a dozen or so hi-res photo's; and I think there's a pic in here for you Rob. It's very interesting how this color changes with different lighting conditions.

But they won't attach because of their size. How do you post stuff like this? :shrug: I know one early arrival back east posted a link to a boat-load of neat pic's instead of attaching thumbnails.

btw, I did find that there is one thing that can erase the "grin". The cat squatting NEXT to the litter box, peeing on the floor! :rant: But Hey, my Cowboys won yesterday. So, you can't have it all now; can you?

svtbird91, I told my pastor that the car was here. He said if I got arrested the 1st day, it might be a while before he could "find the time" to visit me. :cry::sos:

She's not polished or detailed yet but I got her washed up and spent the weekend enjoying some beautiful fall weather. I have a dozen or so hi-res photo's; and I think there's a pic in here for you Rob. It's very interesting how this color changes with different lighting conditions.

But they won't attach because of their size. How do you post stuff like this? :shrug: I know one early arrival back east posted a link to a boat-load of neat pic's instead of attaching thumbnails.

btw, I did find that there is one thing that can erase the "grin". The cat squatting NEXT to the litter box, peeing on the floor! :rant: But Hey, my Cowboys won yesterday. So, you can't have it all now; can you?

svtbird91, I told my pastor that the car was here. He said if I got arrested the 1st day, it might be a while before he could "find the time" to visit me. :cry::sos:

Spirit200: Glad your enjoying your car. On those photos, to re-size them, you have to do them 1 at a time.

On my computer I do the following:

Click the Start button on the lower left.

Then click the photo editor.

Then click the open button.

Browse thru and find the photo and double click on it.

Then click the re size option at the top under image.

Resize the photo to 1024 X 768

Then close it and save it like that.

Hope that works. B) Oh ya - God Bless you. :yup:

Thank you for taking the time to post the photos. My wife Tana and I just looked at them all. I am gonna have to print a couple of those for my wall collection. Man O man, I can't wait to get mine. The GO is awesome. Was this your 1st and #1 choice of colors? Rufs gonna like the photos of that Vette.

BTW after she's broke in, are you gonna go up against the Vette? We will need a full report when you do.

Rob Out :hysterical:

post-6337-1162184973_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1162184988_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1162184999_thumb.jpgHere are a few more; not quite the quality of the others

I first thought white/blue (the classic 65/66 color). But when my wife and I looked at all the colors offered, I was actually hung between GO/white & vista blue/white. My wife made the final choice, and a good one at that! I am not disappointed.

post-6337-1162184973_thumb.jpg

post-6337-1162184988_thumb.jpg

post-6337-1162184999_thumb.jpg

post-6337-1162184973_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1162184988_thumb.jpgpost-6337-1162184999_thumb.jpgHere are a few more; not quite the quality of the others

I first thought white/blue (the classic 65/66 color). But when my wife and I looked at all the colors offered, I was actually hung between GO/white & vista blue/white. My wife made the final choice, and a good one at that! I am not disappointed.

Oh ya - The Butt photos I was requesting. :hysterical: I love the back of the car as much as the front. My wifes new GT/CS has real similar looks. Thanks.

Spirit: I can never get enough of the GO photos untill my car arrives. Thanx man, I really enjoy them. Your right about the White and Black combo. It looks great too. We like the rear facia becuse it is almost just like the GT500's. I have yet to see a GT500 or a GT/CS on the streets cruzin around in Oregon or Washington where I live. Kind of Odd. Now and then I see a GT, but not too many. I love the look of your car.

Heres a few mor shots of Wifeys GT/CS.

Hey sprint200. Congrats. Did you tell me you had a vette? Your car looks great! Larry

Thanks Larry! vette's not mine. Belongs to a friend. We just thought the pic's would look cool. His is an '04 special edition; really good looking car. But your C6 would run circles around it.

Jeff

Congratulations my fellow okie. Glad to see you're enjoying the new car. It's beautiful. Even if we can't agree on a football team, we have great taste in cars! :shift::rockon:

Fastbackman, Thanks...I've been thinking that it would be fun to find a red GT500 Sooner fan to get together and do some kind of local TV Bedlam spot. What do you think? Now the only trouble woule be that Ft. Gibson and Edmond are a few miles apart and different local stations... :shrug: Anyone in the OKC area interested?

Oh..and Congrats on that little game up in Columbia.

Spirit: I can never get enough of the GO photos untill my car arrives. Thanx man, I really enjoy them. Your right about the White and Black combo. It looks great too. We like the rear facia becuse it is almost just like the GT500's. I have yet to see a GT500 or a GT/CS on the streets cruzin around in Oregon or Washington where I live. Kind of Odd. Now and then I see a GT, but not too many. I love the look of your car.

Heres a few mor shots of Wifeys GT/CS.

I love two-tone interiors...that is sweet.

Dave

For the past two weeks I've tried, in vain, to trace the delivery of this car.

Very nice Sprint...enjoy. I've added a "delivered" date to your name on the "list"...but I haven't posted the updated list just yet...I'll get to it soon.

Dave

Archived