TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cleaning our leather seats

I have a 2007 with black leather seats, what part of the seats are actually leather and what does everyone clean them with do you clean the whole seat with leather cleaner or just the leather part and the rest of the the seat with just like interior detail????(Is it just like the center of the seats that's real leather).

I use a bit of degrease for the tan leather...but for the rest of the interior just a microfiber towel dry to just wipe the dust on the dash. The tan leather in my SGT is taking a beating in it's daily driver duty....oh well it sure looks great though I guess I'll get some nice recaro racing seats when the oem seats take a dump

I use this on the seats, leather or vinyl. Generally, all of the top surfaces are leather, and the side surfaces are typically vinyl. It's easy to apply this way, and cleans at the same time.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_deta...p?T1=MEG+G10900

I use this on the seats, leather or vinyl. Generally, all of the top surfaces are leather, and the side surfaces are typically vinyl. It's easy to apply this way, and cleans at the same time.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_deta...p?T1=MEG+G10900

Do you wipe it with clean cloth after or just leave it? Sounds like a good product.

I like Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Spray.

"Pamper and protect your leather with gentle, safe cleaners and rich, luxurious moisturizers. This unique spray formula with aloe helps protect leather from spills and stains. UV inhibitors help prevent premature fading, aging and cracking of leather surfaces."

Here is what I use for everything else.

Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

post-22352-1230524212_thumb.jpg

post-22352-1230524400_thumb.jpg

post-22352-1230524212_thumb.jpg

post-22352-1230524400_thumb.jpg

I use the same Maguire's leather wipes that Ilmor does. Use them on all surfaces of the seats with great results. I've used Maguires for years with fantastic results.

• 3 years later...

I use aerospace 303 on all the plastic, rubber and leather parts for cleaning and UV protection. Then I use leather conditioner 2xs a year.

Archived