TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Plans (Shelby-related)

ilmor

So what are your Shelby-related plans for 2009? :huh:

Mine will start off by getting my autographed airbag cover back and installed, and then visiting TASCA and getting my new hood scoop installed.

In March I plan to attend the Shelby 427 race in Las Vegas. :shift:

I also hope to find time to do some autocrossing w/ the Shelby GT this year.

At some point I would still like to purchase and install the lower grille / brake duct kit.

Edit - Also am going after my rear axle rust, and some brake upgrades.

1. Install the sequential taillights my lovely wife got me for Christmas.

2. Get a 2nd set of rims to mount my all-season tires. Can't let this baby sit and wait for 40degF+ weather!

3. When spring gets here, join the Clean Butt Club (i.e., paint my rusty undercarriage components).

4. Attend one of the SVTOA On-Track events to learn how to really drive my car! :shift:

5. Potentially attend the Shelby 427 event in Vegas this March.

6. Definitely attend Dearborn 2009! That was the highlight of 2008 for me.

Plans are sketchy for '09 still. I'm scheduled to have a knee replacement January 20. Prior to that I hope to install the sequential tail lights and lower billet grill that Santa brought. If all goes well with rehab I'm planning togo to Birmingham Ala. for the 45 anniversary Mustang do. That's good for starters.

Jim

1. Go to Vegas.

2. Go to Shelby.

3. Go to Shelby 427 race.

4. Hoover Dam.

5. Let's see.......................there was something else.........................oh ya, get married in Vegas.

1. Go to Vegas.

2. Go to Shelby.

3. Go to Shelby 427 race.

4. Hoover Dam.

5. Let's see.......................there was something else.........................oh ya, get married in Vegas.

At least you priorities are in order :yup: When we went to Vegas in November, we ended up going to Shelby twice :happy feet: not a bad thing..........

Jan - LA/LV Team Shelby Run & Carroll's Birthday

April - Birmingham - 45th Mustang Anniversary

July - 2nd Annual Wicked Nationals

August/September - Dearborn 2009

.....2008 was great, 3 Shelby events (LA/LV, Oviedo & Dearborn)

cant wait to meet more great folks in 2009 and beyond.-

Once the snow melts and I'm a free man at the ski resort, I plan on using my month's vacation for things like:

Displaying my car in the Auto-Rama car show in March with NUMOA (Northern Utah Mustang Owners Assoc.)

Attending NUMOA events as my schedule permits

Entering the Inter-mountain Mustang show here in Park City on Labor day

Taking the Miller Motorsports Park driving school. The Mustangs they use look similar to the FR500 but have complete interiors. The 4.6 engines, Ford Racing suspension and exhaust are just like we run on our SGTs.

Attending cruise nights sponsored by the local oldies station

Entering the Rainbow Cruise in Wendover, NV in June.

Going to Vegas in June/July and again in Oct. for the AC Delco Nationals. Another visit or two to SAI will be in order :happy feet:

I am planning on installing sequential tail lights and Cobra wheel hub centers this spring.

Generally pi :censored: ing off those rice burners who just seem to think a 4 banger and loud pipe is all that :shift::hysterical:

Air bag cover is at Shelby now to be signed. Should be back this month to install.

Have the CS6 grill kit ordered along with the Shelby Fuse Box cover.

Install stainless brake lines and motul brake fluid.

I am torn between getting the Agent 47 brake air ducts or the Shelby GT brake ducts.

Will be doing the Mustangs Across America leg from Mustang OK to Shreveport LA in April.

Will attend the 2009 Mid America show in Tulsa in June.

Headed for the paint shop here in a few weeks. Doing an entire strip and re-paint. Stripes will be painted on and then multiple layers of clear for the smooth look. After all the Terlingua paint damage, I just decided to get the entire car done right. Also replacing the Razors as they also got pretty chipped up. Should all be done for the June Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up. Also signed up for the autocross at that event.

UPDATE 13 JAN 2009:

1. Install the sequential taillights my lovely wife got me for Christmas. Complete

2. Get a 2nd set of rims to mount my all-season tires. Can't let this baby sit and wait for 40degF+ weather! Complete - got a set of take-off GT500 wheels and summer tires from BuyFordRacing for $999 - best buy ever. Had a local shop mount my all-seasons. Quick re-train of the TPMS with the $12 tool that this board clued me in to, and I'm good to go!

3. When spring gets here, join the Clean Butt Club (i.e., paint my rusty undercarriage components).

4. Attend one of the SVTOA On-Track events to learn how to really drive my car! :shift:

5. Potentially attend the Shelby 427 event in Vegas this March. Nope - work schedule precludes it. :banghead:

6. Definitely attend Dearborn 2009! That was the highlight of 2008 for me.

2009 Plans:

1. Install new C&R high-capacity radiator and dual-pass/dual-pull fan heat exchanger. Thanks Revan Racing!

2. Upgrade supercharger. TVS or 2.9L Whipple. Can't decide

3. New Fore Fuel Rails

4. Attend ShelbyFest in Hermann, MO (Not looking forward to the drive across KS)

5. Attend 2009 Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup in June

6. Attend some more local car shows

7. Get the Shelby Breakfast Club some track time (Bandimere, PPIR, Pueblo)

Archived