TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On business in the Netherlands for another week

sbornitz

So the company I work for has sent me to the Netherlands for 2 weeks and I am at the end of week 1 and with the weekend near I need some ideas of where to go and what to do. I am about 45 minutes south of Amsterdam in Veenendaal.

I know we have some member who live near or here and I would assume several that have travelled here.

I will probably head to Amsterdam tomorrow and hopefully Rotterdam also depending on time. Then on Sunday I want to head to Germany. I want to drive on the Autobahn even though I only have a diesel Focus :rant: (company car) that should be fun. I wanted to rent a bike to take but there are so many requirements that is kind of taking the fun out of it.

Any suggestions would be great. The only saving grace of the car is that the company has a GPS system for it. I have not tried it out yet but this weekend will be the test.

So the company I work for has sent me to the Netherlands for 2 weeks and I am at the end of week 1 and with the weekend near I need some ideas of where to go and what to do. I am about 45 minutes south of Amsterdam in Veenendaal.

I know we have some member who live near or here and I would assume several that have travelled here.

I will probably head to Amsterdam tomorrow and hopefully Rotterdam also depending on time. Then on Sunday I want to head to Germany. I want to drive on the Autobahn even though I only have a diesel Focus :rant: (company car) that should be fun. I wanted to rent a bike to take but there are so many requirements that is kind of taking the fun out of it.

Any suggestions would be great. The only saving grace of the car is that the company has a GPS system for it. I have not tried it out yet but this weekend will be the test.

I've been there a few times but Wifey threatens me with bodly harm if I leave the airport.

Good luck and have a great time..... BTW, Choose your Cafe' carefully. :sos::fan::rockon:

I've been there a few times but Wifey threatens me with bodly harm if I leave the airport.

Good luck and have a great time..... BTW, Choose your Cafe' carefully. :sos::fan::rockon:

I do not do those funny cigarettes they have there. I just want to see some sites and do some shopping. Looks like I am taking the train into Amsterdam Central in the Morning. Then grab some lunch :party: and take the train back.

Amsterdam

Hinneken brewery is good and lots to drink at the end of the tour

The Van Goeh museum is good and don't forget the red light district. Nothing else in the world like it.

I am leaving today for amsterdam

Also brussels is a beautiful city to see

Amsterdam

Hinneken brewery is good and lots to drink at the end of the tour

The Van Goeh museum is good and don't forget the red light district. Nothing else in the world like it.

I am leaving today for amsterdam

Also brussels is a beautiful city to see

The red light district was definately on the list. I also heard the markets were a neat place to visit. On the way back I might stop in Utrecht and see the war museums on the way back to Veenendaal.

I do not do those funny cigarettes they have there. I just want to see some sites and do some shopping. Looks like I am taking the train into Amsterdam Central in the Morning. Then grab some lunch :party: and take the train back.

:hysterical::hysterical:

The Red Light District is what she's all about. No window shopping allowed. :shrug:

My brother some how gets stuck there for 2-3 days every time he goes thru, then he comes to my house and tell the wife all the stories...... sheezzzz! Some peoples children..... :doh:

Archived