TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT California Commercial

tekheavy

I can't see the you tube video at work but I think I know which commercial you are talking about.

There are two Shelby GT-C. The first were 2007s in white or black. They came with an instrument cluster and door sills. The sills were sent out later because they didn't come on the car but were on the sticker. If I remember correctly there were 200 and they were sold in the Northern California region.

The Grabber Oranges were 2008s and came with the door sills and Mr. Shelby's signature. 219 delievered to the southern California region.

This dealer has 3 of the calif specials, all three are 2007, 2 white and one black, they are in the worst shape

of any SGT that I have ever seen, Rick

http://www.tiesieraford.com/ou/tulare-ford-mercury/

The 2007 Shelby GT California and the 2008 Shelby GT-C are not "California Specials". The California Special is a Mustang GT California Special. The Mustang GT California Special has side stripes that read GT/CS. The Supercharged Shelby GT has side stripes that read GT/SC. The Shelby GT shares some core components such as the rear and front fascia with the California Special. Is everyone totally confused now?

My bad, I was refering about the Notheren Calif special Shelby GT

http://www.tiesieraford.com/ou/tulare-ford...=r_specials_new

I hear you. No wonder there is so much confusion with these cars:

Ford GT

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang GT California Special GT/CS

Ford Mustang Shelby GT

Ford Mustang Shelby GT California

Ford Mustang Shelby GT-C

Ford Mustang Shelby GT Supercharged GT/SC

:headscratch:

I have read another post on this site in the past on this subject.

There were 200 Grabber Orange GTCs in 08 and the rest were either black or white. The intial cars may have been 07s.

There were not Black or White SGT's in 08.

As the owner of a 2007 White/Gray Shelby GT-California, perhaps I can add to the confusion.

The 2007 SGT-California's were for Northern California. They were available in the standard 2007 SGT colors of either black or white. What made them a Shelby GT-California was the addition of the "Shelby GT California Package". This included the dash mounted gage pod (fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp) and unique door sill plates. I've attached a picture of the special sill plates.

The 2007 SGT-California's had it noted on their Shelby window stickers. There is a unique Hero card for the 2007 SGT-California. They did a special TV commerical that ran here in northern California for the "SGT-California Edition", too.

Other than the California Package, I believe that they are standard 2007 SGT's. They came with anything that came with standard 2007 SGT's: ext/int colors and options, etc.

100_0779_c2.JPG

As the owner of a 2007 White/Gray Shelby GT-California, perhaps I can add to the confusion.

The 2007 SGT-California's were for Northern California. They were available in the standard 2007 SGT colors of either black or white. What made them a Shelby GT-California was the addition of the "Shelby GT California Package". This included the dash mounted gage pod (fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp) and unique door sill plates. I've attached a picture of the special sill plates.

The 2007 SGT-California's had it noted on their Shelby window stickers. There is a unique Hero card for the 2007 SGT-California. They did a special TV commerical that ran here in northern California for the "SGT-California Edition", too.

Other than the California Package, I believe that they are standard 2007 SGT's. They came with anything that came with standard 2007 SGT's: ext/int colors and options, etc.

Very interesting! Never knew all this!

Correct glad,you cleared up all the misinformation...

My Northern California Shelby,has the gauge package and the recently added sill plates,which SAI sent to all the owners who could verify they had a special edition car...

Here's a copy of the Hero Card for the 2007 SGT-California Edition.

I have to use 2 posts, since the file size of both pages of the .pdf file exceeds the limit.

And I'm too dumb to make the file smaller. :hysterical::hysterical:

SGT_CA_Hero_Card___Front.pdf

SGT_CA_Hero_Card___Front.pdf

Jaydub,

I noticed your cars CSM # is 4765. Where there a block of numbers specifically designated for the SGT-C or where they inner mingled in the entire lot of cars? Im assuming the latter.

Thanks

Good question. I don't really know. :shrug:

Maybe we'll find out when Roger, Jeff and all release the Shelby Registry.

So in 2007 it was called the Shelby GT California Edition and it came in black and white and was sold in Northern Califorinia and in 2008 it was called the Shelby GT-C and came in orange and was sold in Southern California???

Yup!! :yup::yup:

Ford GT

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang Shelby GT

Ford Mustang Shelby GT-C

I almost forgot to add to the list:

Ford Mustang Barrett Jackson Limited Edition Shelby GT

Ford Mustang Shelby GT-H(ertz)

I love them all. So many of you all have nice cars of each color and model.

The 2007 Shelby GT California and the 2008 Shelby GT-C are not "California Specials". The California Special is a Mustang GT California Special. The Mustang GT California Special has side stripes that read GT/CS. The Supercharged Shelby GT has side stripes that read GT/SC. The Shelby GT shares some core components such as the rear and front fascia with the California Special. Is everyone totally confused now?

Exactly! B)

Here's a copy of the Hero Card for the 2007 SGT-California Edition.

I have to use 2 posts, since the file size of both pages of the .pdf file exceeds the limit.

And I'm too dumb to make the file smaller. :hysterical::hysterical:

I hadn't seen the "official" hero card. Thanks.... I notice the gauge pod shows a Boost...

SGT-Cplate.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

GaugesnCSM.jpg

Dan

Going through old posts I saw where one SAI source said there were 206 2007 SGT-Cs and another said 100.

Anybody ever get a definitive answer on how many 07s were actually made?

Thanks to Roger Sorel's work, we now know no more than 217 08 SGT-Cs were made.

Ford GT

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang Shelby GT

Ford Mustang Shelby GT-C

Yes.

The 2007 SGT-California was referred to as the SGT-California Edition and SGT with the California Package. It was never referred to as the California "Special".

jaydub,

I live in Orange County and drove to Fresno to purchase my car in May. I'm glad I did, because it was a SGT-California, which at the time I new nothing about. I also hear only 100 were made. Thanks for the hero card! Where did you find it?

Nick

jaydub,

I live in Orange County and drove to Fresno to purchase my car in May. I'm glad I did, because it was a SGT-California, which at the time I new nothing about. I also hear only 100 were made. Thanks for the hero card! Where did you find it?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Actually, it was in the car when I bought it off the dealer's showroom floor.

John

Archived