TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Christmas

69dejavue

Not from SAI directly but SGT related...got a black baseball hat with the "Powered by Ford" SGT fender badge and "SHELBY GT" written below. Matches my floormates and Teeshirt. Guess I better get that key chain too.

Purchased at local Ford Parts department. I know MM used to sell them too.

:happy feet:

I got the white 1/18th scale SGT, the white and black Shelby GT poster and #31 of the white Shelby prints from Design Factory. Definately a white Shelby Christmas in Illinois. Really- white car over a foot of snow the last week. I'd consider that a white Shelby Christmas wouldn't you?

I got my under hood hardware kit , billet power point plug and Shelby GT Berg Snake faux gas emblem from my wife. Man I love her. My friends got me an Electra RS bicycle that has white LeMans stipes then they had a painter custom paint pit stripes on it and duplicate Carol Shelby's autograph from my visor. Man it was a good Christmas. I will post pics of the bike soon. :yahoo:

I GOT $$ TO ORDER A SHELBY COLLECTABLE 1966 GT350 :happy feet: . I ALREADY HAVE 2 OF THE FASTER BLACK :yup: 2007 1/18 SCALE SGTS TO MATCH MY CAR. I want the GT 350 because of the heritage.

I RECEIVED A 1/8 SCALE BASIC R/C BLACK MUSTANG GT WITH SILVER STRIPES FROM MY WIFE'S CO WORKERS. NOT A BAD CHRISTMAS TRADITION, LAST CHRISTMAS I BOUGHT MY REAL SGT :drool: AND THIS YEAR I GET A BLACK R/C 'STANG. 2 CHRISTMASSES AND 2 BLACK CARS W/SILVER STRIPES. I SENSE A PATTERN HERE. I WONDER WHAT NEXT YEAR WILL BRING? :headscratch:

I was good this year:

1/18 Diecast SGT - (White, of course)

Shelby Key Chain

Shorty Antenna

Steeda intake elbow

2008 Grill surround - (Looks 100% better than the old wavy one!)

Low incline, two piece, Race Ramps - (These are REALLY nice folks)

New shop creeper - (my back was getting really sore!)

Couple of Shelby stickers

Sam

AKA:

My kids covered my easy SPP list due to one struggling to fix a fore closed home.

White Shelby Mug

Two White /Silver Shelby GT Key Fobs

Deck of Shelby Cards

Shelby Sun Shade

Tire Gage - on back order

This follows up Whiite Signed limited edition print wife consented to earlier in the summer but, took until December to receive. Also got the Seqential tailights in the group buy.

It has been a good Christmas.

And the last of the new stuff is my under hood hardware kit. I was able to use all 56 pieces. Let me know whqat you guys all think.

Alright, you KNOW my question..... Where did the less obvious pieces go??!!!! I still have a dozen left and have yet to find a spot for them.... All the obvious spots are covered.

Well I used 2 on the Anti-theft module that we were looking at , at the show. I also useda pair on the hood where the latch catches and also a pair on the coolant resevoir and the one on the brake fluid resevoir. You might have missed the fuse box braket and the ECU mounts, there is another 4 right there. and I'm not sure if your car has the hood switch for the anti-theft but one goes there also. I will have to meet up with you so we can see the differences.

Well the only thing I got from SPP was the billet door sill strips. Good quality billet but horrible mounting ability. The strips are concave with 3M double sided tape. The problem is the 3M does not surpass the surrounding edges of the strips so the 3M never makes contact with the plastic door sill. It was a real pain to cut additional extra 3M to build up a fit. It amuses me to read the quality statement on the package. It seems like they don't spot QC their products before they go out... :(

Wild does the sill plate mount over the stock one. This is the case with the faux gas cap emblem and I believe that is why people are having problems with them. Some guys thought that you were supposed to removed the old emblem in some way but that made the new 3M not able to reach adhesion. Maybe the new sills are supposed to mount over the stock ones for an easy install. I am only offering another point of view. I have never bought or tried to replace my sills.

Wild does the sill plate mount over the stock one. This is the case with the faux gas cap emblem and I believe that is why people are having problems with them. Some guys thought that you were supposed to removed the old emblem in some way but that made the new 3M not able to reach adhesion. Maybe the new sills are supposed to mount over the stock ones for an easy install. I am only offering another point of view. I have never bought or tried to replace my sills.

No its not the sill plate it's the empty sill strips next the the sill plate. They call them "sill accent strips". This morning I noticed that the extra 3M I added makes them rise above the mounting area. I pulled them all off and glued them all down even with the sill. I appreciate your help as I may change out the Faux gas cap too...

post-22352-1230754906_thumb.jpg

post-22352-1230754906_thumb.jpg

Archived