TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paul's High Performance GT 500

srk1959

Looks like fast time was a 9.98@137mph. It say its an aluminum block 5.4, 4R75w Automatic, and Tvs supercharger. My question is.....does this car have the Tvs and if so is this the fastest 1/4 mile time for a Tvs on a 5.4??

Just curious, I could always just contact him I guess?

Looks like fast time was a 9.98@137mph. It say its an aluminum block 5.4, 4R75w Automatic, and Tvs supercharger. My question is.....does this car have the Tvs and if so is this the fastest 1/4 mile time for a Tvs on a 5.4??

srk,

Regarding your question about the TVS. This car does have a TVS it is currently running a ported one if my memory serves me correctly. Pauls 2007 gt500 was driven 1,100 miles round trip towing a enclosed trailer behind the gt500 to the race event and then punched out a 9.98 @ 137mph on DOT approved drag radials. Not to shabby for a reliable street legal gt500.

SCOTTY

srk,

Regarding your question about the TVS. This car does not have a tvs it is currently running a Whipple

if my memory serves me correctly. Pauls 2007 gt500 was driven 1,100 miles round trip to the race event and then punched out a 9.98 @ 137mph on DOT approved drag radials. Not to shabby for a reliable street legal gt500.

SCOTTY

Thanks Scotty,

Still very impressive thats for sure!

Thanks Scotty,

Still very impressive thats for sure!

I WILL SECOND THAT QUOTE. ADDITIONALLY, I MUST SAY THAT THIS CAR IS AMONG MANY

THAT PAUL HAS WORKED ON FOR FORD RACING BESIDES HIS OWN AND IS THE REASONS WHY

PAULS HIGH PERFORMANCE IS ONE OF THE TOP MUSTANG TUNERS IN THE COUNTRY. IT

IS EASY TO SEE WHY MANY MANUFACTURES COME TO PAUL'S FOR HIS EXPERTISE AND

THE RELIABILITY OF HIS ENGINE BUILDS AND TUNES.

I KNOW THAT WHY I GO TO PAUL'S WITH ALL MY MUSTANGS.

THE HOT ROD MAGAZINE FEB. 2009 ISSUE IS THE ONE WITH THE

PAULS'S HIGH PERFORMANCE ARTICLE ON HIS 2007 GT500 THAT RAN

9.98 @ 137 MPH AFTER DRIVING OVER 1,100 MILES ROUND TRIP TO

COMPETE AND THEN WIN THE EVENT ON DOT TIRES.

Fastest?

I thought Evo's car was the quickest and fastest?

I do not know about EVO. I believe the event that this 1/4 mile time was at a Fastest Street Car Event by Hot Rod Magazine . i did not post this thread and i am still waiting for my FEB. issue of Hot Rod.

However, what i do know is that Paul's 2007 gt500 has been to sanction events and won them. I also know that the class that Paul competes in requires driving a 30 mile distance before each car can enter or compete in that event which is like a true street or factory stock class. only d.o.t. approved drag radials.

As for EVO gt500 cars i do not know if their times or records are in a true street or factory stock class. Also i do no if EVO'S gt500 times are documented by a sanctioned racing event or if they are just a result of them showing or having the time slips from a test and tune session or if they are running slicks or drag radials. That would be a question for fred.

What i do know is that i have been to most of the Fast Ford Weekend Events over the last few years and had never seen EVO compete in any of those events. It does not mean they have not recorded times from a sactioned event. it just means that i have never seen them out there competing or racing at these different events.

Like i had stated earlier that Fred or someone at EVO will have to answer that queston about their fastest gt500 record. But i am sure that EVO would not post that they are the fastest with out some sort of time slip and documentation.

Well I have seen Evo's car run in the 8's with the turbo's at a NMRA event. Not to take anything away from Paul's those are great #'s

thats exactly what i was saying. i have not been to all the NMRA events, but like i said i am sure EVO is running the numbers they are saying they do. they certainly have a great amount of R & D WITH THE GT500'S.

BACK ON TOPIC

Paul's 2007 gt500 run's in the True Street type of Class which the EVO turbo car is not in that same class because of it's turbos. So for the Class that Paul did 9.98 @ 137 mph is the fastest for that True Street Class on D.O.T. street radials as opposed to slicks and turbos that the EVO car was running.

SCOTTY

(P.S.)

BTW DID THE EVO CAR WIN THAT EVENT YOU SAW ? AND WHERE WAS IT AT AND WHAT MTH , YR.

thats exactly what i was saying. i have not been to all the NMRA events, but like i said i am sure EVO is running the numbers they are saying they do. they certainly have a great amount of R & D WITH THE GT500'S.

BACK ON TOPIC

Paul's 2007 gt500 run's in the True Street type of Class which the EVO turbo car is not in that same class because of it's turbos. So for the Class that Paul did 9.98 @ 137 mph is the fastest for that True Street Class on D.O.T. street radials as opposed to slicks and turbos that the EVO car was running.

SCOTTY

(P.S.)

BTW DID THE EVO CAR WIN THAT EVENT YOU SAW ? AND WHERE WAS IT AT AND WHAT MTH , YR.

You might want to read up on the rules a little. Any power adder, or power adders. DOT slicks are OK also. Last time i went, cars were pulling the front wheels to the 60 mark and running low 8's.

http://www.nmradigital.com/rules/docs/2009...lim/2009_ts.pdf

You might want to read up on the rules a little. Any power adder, or power adders. DOT slicks are OK also. Last time i went, cars were pulling the front wheels to the 60 mark and running low 8's.

http://www.nmradigital.com/rules/docs/2009...lim/2009_ts.pdf

THANKS FOR THE HEAD UP ON THE TRUE STREET RULES. HOWEVER, WHEN I WAS REFFERING TO

PAULS CAR, HE RUNS NITTO DRAG RADIALS AND NOT SLICKS LIKE EVO'S TWINN TURBO

CAR.

OK, What's the deal? Does this guy have the fastest TVS with power adder or not? :headscratch:

Here is what is posted on another board from a guy that claims fastest time on a street legal drag radial for a GT500.

This is just for fun, no hard feelings please! PHP's mods far exceed any that us Tvs guys on this board have!

................................................................................

.................................................................................

I spoke with PHP, they ran a 9.98 with a TVS blower/lower pulley/spray and auto!

I have a 6 speed, 3.4 w/3.5 upper only, 160 tb, full exhaust, 3:73's, drag wheels and suspension!

I'll say now, I hold the fastest 6 speed, bolt on, DR, GT500 in the country. No nitrous, no lower and no slicks!

Next mods will be heat exchanger w/resivoir, re-gap plugs and a full race tune! A healty burn out on a cold night + these new mods will sink me closer to a 10.0/9.99 pass!

Please again, alot of people dont always post #'s! So if in your travels you hear or know anyone who has gone faster please post up! Thanks in advance!

OK, What's the deal? Does this guy have the fastest TVS with power adder or not? :headscratch:

Here is what is posted on another board from a guy that claims fastest time on a street legal drag radial for a GT500.

This is just for fun, no hard feelings please! PHP's mods far exceed any that us Tvs guys on this board have!

................................................................................

I spoke with PHP, they ran a 9.98 with a TVS blower/lower pulley/spray and auto!

I have a 6 speed, 3.4 w/3.5 upper only, 160 tb, full exhaust, 3:73's, drag wheels and suspension!

I'll say now, I hold the fastest 6 speed, bolt on, DR, GT500 in the country. No nitrous, no lower and no slicks!

Next mods will be heat exchanger w/resivoir, re-gap plugs and a full race tune! A healty burn out on a cold night + these new mods will sink me closer to a 10.0/9.99 pass!

Please again, alot of people dont always post #'s! So if in your travels you hear or know anyone who has gone faster please post up! Thanks in advance!

Just to go from 10.50's down to 10.0's. You'll need at least 50 to 60 RWHP and enough traction to put all of it down on the track.

Heat exchanger = no HP

race tune = maybe 20 HP. I only got about 15 from mine. It = one tenth at track.

regap plugs = no HP

Big burn out. = no HP, but you might get 1/2 of a tenth.

I'd guess you will run 10.40 if your lucky 10.30's. On a very cold night. But its harder to hook when cold.

Buy a nitrous kit with a 100 shot and you might see low 10's.........Not trying to be a Smart A. Just speaking from my own experience. Good luck, have fun at the track.

Just to go from 10.50's down to 10.0's. You'll need at least 50 to 60 RWHP and enough traction to put all of it down on the track.

Heat exchanger = no HP

race tune = maybe 20 HP. I only got about 15 from mine. It = one tenth at track.

regap plugs = no HP

Big burn out. = no HP, but you might get 1/2 of a tenth.

I'd guess you will run 10.40 if your lucky 10.30's. On a very cold night. But its harder to hook when cold.

Buy a nitrous kit with a 100 shot and you might see low 10's.........Not trying to be a Smart A. Just speaking from my own experience. Good luck, have fun at the track.

Ha! Ha! Thats kind of what I was thinking as well. Well I wish him the best of luck as well and will keep watching that thread on the other board. That person has a Whipple 3.4 so it really doesn't mean much to me. If he had a Tvs then I would be more into it!

I would like to find out what the fastest Tvs equiped GT500 is out there on D.O.T. tires with a Tvs and no other power adder. That would give me something to shoot for this next summer as far as ET and MPH in the 1/4.

All the boards are really down on the posts so the odds of finding out are slim until spring I guess?

Steve

Them number's are unreal. Congrats to the fella who ran them. And yes if it rides on a trailer to the track it is not a real car!! Just a toy!!! Although Toys are cool in there own right.

you must have misread the above post. Pauls 2007 gt500 does not get trailered to the race events he drives to them pulling a trailer behind his gt500. That why he is in true street and not a trailer queen.

If you take a look at the picture of Pauls car in the Feb issue of Hot Rod Magazine you can see the trailer hitch on the back of his gt500 where he tows his small enclosed trailer to the different races.

scotty

• 4 years later...

Hi Ralf,

If no one does it first I can scan it and e-mail it to you?

Steve

A friend of mine just purchased this car and I was wandering if you would still happen to have a copy of this article? Also, as you probably know, this car was born a regular mustang GT. I know this has been a long long time ago but I am just trying to dig up all the info I can for my buddy.

Thanks

Jartbaker

Archived