TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ROAD NOISE

1970boss302

A few members here have added Dynamat to their cars and swear by it. I have used Dynamat in other cars and can also tell you that it's amazing stuff.

I recommend going with the Dynamat.

I think the road noise on the Shelby GT500 could be reduced.

Has anyone coated the under carriage of their car to reduce noise and prevent rust?

What have you use and what is the warranty?

I sprayed 4 cans of 3M undercoat in my wheel wells and that actually quieted things quite a bit. Dynamat (and others) is heavy. It works, but so would a lead vest.

bj

Here:

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier.php

A search on this forum led me to a independant comparison between about 8-10 different auto sound deadening products. Damplifier was right near the top in all comparisons. I would purchase Damplifier again.

Similar pics can be found using the search function here.

I think the road noise on the Shelby GT500 could be reduced.

Has anyone coated the under carriage of their car to reduce noise and prevent rust?

What have you use and what is the warranty?

I strongly suggest you DO NOT use any type of petroleum based undercoating (almost all of them are). I did this on my BMW 2002 back in the 70's and after several years in began to harden, and seperate from the body surface causing pockets for moisture to gather and you guessed it, terminal rust. It almost ruined the under-carriage. Had to tediously scrape it all off to stop the advance of rust. Don't use undercoating!! Use the Dynamat (I did) and it will work well, albiet, a little expensive. There are other products you can find on=line that also deaden road noise. Good luck.

Do you have pics? Where do you get that stuff?

Here ya go AZ... Scroll down a few frames and you'll see the Dynamat after it's been installed. Want to find out more about the product? I suggest Gooling Dynamat and you'll get 1,000's of hits.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=333041

Archived