TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Perfect Example On Why Shelby Wants More Control Over The Use Of His Name

shelbymotorsports

I've gone back and forth on whether to post this or not. Going to give it a try but if it turns into a bashing or name calling thread it will be locked. Appreciate everyones cooperation.

In my eyes this below is a perfect example on why Shelby wants a tighter control on the use of his name and trademarks.

M'ville raceway sues auto club

If you notice towards the right hand side of the article they use the words "Shelby's Bill" where they itemize the charges. Ummm excuse me this is NOT Shelby's bill. It is SAAC's unpaid bill.

Very sad.

Steve

Not just sad Steve, it's embarassing too. The article states that the principals have worked the matter out, let's hope that information is true.

Not just sad Steve, it's embarassing too. The article states that the principals have worked the matter out, let's hope that information is true.

That's what I thought it said until I re-read the article. From the article:

"We have a verbal agreement with New Jersey Motorsports Park to resolve the issue," Eber said, adding he hasn't yet seen the lawsuit.

A verbal agreement to resolve the issue. When a lawsuit is filed no lawyer that I know of would tell his client its ok to make a verbal agreement to resolve the matter. Milville Raceway already knows how much their verbal words are worth.

I agree on the embarassing part. Can you imagine if another Shelby club or chapter tries to rent that raceway? I'm sure it will be cash up front and 100% no leeway on any track rules or regulations.

Steve

I think it is clear that this isnt Shelby....it is also just the downside of having a name like Shelby...

Looks like maybe SAAC went ahead with an event they suddenly couldnt afford and pulled a 'dine-n-dash'...

I bet the track doesn't let anyone pay after the fact now....

Should have paid the track and fired their lawyers.... :hysterical:

I too, hope it has all been worked out BUT, what worries me most is this statement

"He said the club has set a tentative date next summer at the Motorsports Park, and it has agreed to allow the club to use proceeds from the 2009 event to settle any outstanding debts from August."

It's like robbing Peter to Pay Paul. That is how a LOT of companies get into trouble.

David.

I too, hope it has all been worked out BUT, what worries me most is this statement

"He said the club has set a tentative date next summer at the Motorsports Park, and it has agreed to allow the club to use proceeds from the 2009 event to settle any outstanding debts from August."

It's like robbing Peter to Pay Paul. That is how a LOT of companies get into trouble.

David.

:hysterical:

That's how our Government and US economy has been Financed for years........................ :doh:

Archived