TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok, Who wears contacts?

I do. No problems what so ever. You don't really end up touching you eye because the lens will come off your fingertip and "jump" (for a lack of a better word) onto your eye.

Removal is easy too. Just take your thumb and forefinger, lightly pinch the lens, and then slide it off your eye. Just make you that your eye and the lens are adquately lubcrated with saline solution, and ONLY handle the lens (and your eye) with clean hands.

You may be shakey the first few times you put them on, but won't even think about it after a short time.

I do. No problems what so ever. You don't really end up touching you eye because the lens will come off your fingertip and "jump" (for a lack of a better word) onto your eye.

Removal is easy too. Just take your thumb and forefinger, lightly pinch the lens, and then slide it off your eye. Just make you that your eye and the lens are adquately lubcrated with saline solution, and ONLY handle the lens (and your eye) with clean hands.

You may be shakey the first few times you put them on, but won't even think about it after a short time.

Ewwwwwww!!!!

:eek5:

Stephanie told me the same thing. You guys talking?? :hysterical:

Glenn

The only advice I can give is.....when putting them in, "Don't Poke It" , Your Eyeball aint the Pillsburry Doe boy........... :hysterical:

My Mom had the Surgry a couple of Years ago......... it was great for a while but now she needs to wear Glasses again for Reading.

David.

No Lasik for me. I know several who have had it done within the last 5 years and most are wearing glasses again. Sounds like a lot of money for a short term solution.

I will keep my glassses and contacts. I have no problem with contacts other than trying to look at something up close (Like working under the car). At that time I am better off without glasses or contacts at this time.

I am 44 yrs old. Don't need bifocals yet, but will most likely in the future.

I wear extended wear, disposable, bifocal contacts. I put them and don't take them out for 28 straight days. Sleep, shower, whatever. Then they come out, I toss them and I wear my glasses for a couple of days before a new set goes in for another month of perfect vision. I have been wearing contacts for over 25 years and the disposable, extended wear for the last ten years. No problems if you follow the instructions and, like Son of GT says, handle only with clean hands. The bifocal option is new for me this year. The reading prescription is in a ring on the outside edge of the lens - look straight ahead for your distance vision and look down for reading. They work great without the possible complications of surgery.

I've had them for over 25 years as well, and even went though a session of Orthokeratlogy. (Non surgical reshaping of the eyes) I have 20/300 without corection in my left eye and the Ortho brought me to 20/60 without lenses or glasses. I quit that and went to soft lenses. I have considered lasek. How do you like the Bifocal lenses? I can't read worth a crap with my lenses in, but with them out I can read great!

I wear extended wear, disposable, bifocal contacts. I put them and don't take them out for 28 straight days. Sleep, shower, whatever. Then they come out, I toss them and I wear my glasses for a couple of days before a new set goes in for another month of perfect vision. I have been wearing contacts for over 25 years and the disposable, extended wear for the last ten years. No problems if you follow the instructions and, like Son of GT says, handle only with clean hands. The bifocal option is new for me this year. The reading prescription is in a ring on the outside edge of the lens - look straight ahead for your distance vision and look down for reading. They work great without the possible complications of surgery.

I probably need to say that while I had Lasik in about '97 - last year I had to get glasses. The doc said he could perform an "enhancement" but since I only have vision in one eye, he didn't recommend that. (and he questioned the doc that did my lasik on one eye...who do you trust?)

Birth defect in my left eye. :lurk:

I am starting to really like the contacts. I'm having some trouble putting them in in the morning. So, I have Stephanie help me guide my finger to the eye and it works well. Doing it myself I end up breaking into a sweat , getting pissed off. Don't understand why but many tell me like you guys have that it will come soon enough. This morning it took one shot and they were in.

Glenn

I was blind as a bat as a kid (not really blind but could not see very well more than 10 feet in front of me) and refused to wear glasses I tried contacts from age 18 to 23 and always forgot to take them out and they always hurt my eyes. Then I heard about Lasik and spent the $3,000 and had pefect vision that was back in 1997 and my eyes are still perfect today. Granted I'm now 35 years old the doctor told me that my vision could get worse with age but so far it hasn't. I am very grateful that I had the lasik eye surgery I wouldn't want to go back to contacts or wearing glasses. I really would recommend the eye surgery to anyone. I personally haven't known anybody who has had complications but have heard of stories on TV. The surgery took less than 5 minutes and I have a copy of it on VHS I should figure a way to post it on youtube actually I am pretty sure there are other postings of peoples lasik on youtube.

Ok I found a listing of someone elses lasik on youtube here it is

What was I thinking when I made this post. I can see great with these new contacts. I just hate putting them in.

Glenn

glenn

i went through the same thing when i first got contacts. i would have to have my sister or gf help me with putting them in and taking them out and now it is not a problem at all. i have thought about lasik but the dr says just one eye is a good candidate and the other is questionable.

good luck and try not to scratch your eye. thats hurts!!!

laurence

Really don't care how much a P I A they are to put in! They are still better than the "coke bottle" glasses I have to wear (20 - 400) and my vission is perfect with the extended wear softs. Need reading glasses, eyes get stiffer with age, would need reading glasses with lasiks so until things go to heck in a hand basket the ol contacts will stay in....

Archived