TEAM SHELBY FORUM

emission stickers

blueone

The Shelby installed emission stickers on my car were poorly installed on both the hood and the inside of the door. The one inside the door was so bad I removed it a couple of days after I bought the car since it was almost unreadable anyway. Has anyone else replaced these stickers?

post-21350-1230120067_thumb.jpg

The Shelby installed emission stickers on my car were poorly installed on both the hood and the inside of the door. The one inside the door was so bad I removed it a couple of days after I bought the car since it was almost unreadable anyway. Has anyone else replaced these stickers?

Mine were still in pretty good condition when I got my car but one of them was peeling up on the corner, so I got some crystal clear shipping tape and applied it over them and they still look great!

Mine were still in pretty good condition when I got my car but one of them was peeling up on the corner, so I got some crystal clear shipping tape and applied it over them and they still look great!

That’s a good idea; if I can get hold of a new set I will do the same or maybe try laminating them.

Jeff

Picture_064.jpg

Good gosh thats horrible looking. A label like that will never last without a clear protective coating of some sort.

Contact SAI in Vegas and see what they can do.

Steve

Actually, mine came with one under the hood.....maybe it was a "late 2007" thing. I have #4803 and the sticker is in great shape, no hint of pealing or cracking.

Looks like they used the correct type of label on yours, the labels they put on my car are nothing more than plain paper with glue on the back and slapped on wrinked and crooked to boot.

Got a Shelby magazine (January 08) and one of the articles is Mustang GT to Sheby GT in 2hrs ,15 minutes. Must have spent 2hrs , 10 minutes on #503.

Actually, mine came with one under the hood.....maybe it was a "late 2007" thing. I have #4803 and the sticker is in great shape, no hint of pealing or cracking.

Yeah, these are only on late model cars. I was speaking about the paper ones on the 08's which I can't see how you can remove and put back on. The 07's either have a polythermal Ford sticker or polythermal Shelby Sticker which are identical other than the Shelby Logo.

Archived