TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Newbie with Questions?

07SGT3856

Hi all! I have just purchased 07SGT3856 and am loving it. I have always wanted a Shelby and have just been able to find the car for me. But anyway. I have a few question about the cars.

1. Have there been any issues, aside from the stripes and hood scoop that I have read about on the forum? Any recalls, etc.

2. How can I find out if my car is already in the registry, and if it is, get the information updated to the current ownership.

Thanks for any and all information you can give me. I look forward to being a part of the forum and Team Shelby!

Thanks, Barry

No recalls of any kind, one TSB for a passenger airbag adjustment (I haven't done mine as no kids will ever be in my front seat), some have had issues with the hood scoop and stripes, not all...I have had no issues with mine, some have had issues with the shifter rattle, again, not all...some have had issues with creaking suspension and that is normal for the type of suspension that we have...apply a little WD40 and it should go away...mine only creaks when it's really cold and binding the car on a steep driveway...

Welcome to the insanity...there are a bunch of good people on here...and a few old soreheads...but even they have some good information now and then....LOL

Enjoy the new ride, and POST PICTURES!!! We are a VERY VISUAL group here....

Some stripe and hood issues like motorjock said and the TSB on the airbag.

Email rogers@shelbyautos.com

He can check to see if your car is in the registry. He is also VERY knowledgeable about these cars.

Congrats and Welcome to the Team Shelby.

Let me know if I can answer anymore questions!

MM

First things First - WELCOME to the Forum! Glad to see yet another SGT in the hands of a happy owner!

Aside from the hood scoop/stripes issues - there was an Airbag recall put out for the passenger side module.

This recall is a very simple stop to the dealership - they need to reflash the programing for the airbag computer only!

It will not mess up the custom Shelby performance tunning/recalibration for 91 Octane fuel or the engine management system.

The dealer should be able to run your SGTs VIN# to determine if it's been completed or not.

Some have had some issues with the Shifter feeling loose or having a bit of a vibration/rattle - if you're SGT has this - you'll know it right away. I don't have the specifics - but if you search the forums for these - you should be able to locate the info on here.

Some have also reported an exhaust system rattle - again a search of the discussion threads should yield some info on this aswell.

By this time your "S H E L B Y" letters across the deck lid should be well cured and stuck on pretty well - but some have had a problem with some of the letters being loose or coming off easily while washing. . . . a little care, and being a little gentle around the letters will go a long way.

On the lighter side - keep close tabs on your wallet as you start thumbing through the Shelby Performance Parts catalog or the aftermarket vendors websites - once you start - you'll find that it becomes a bit of an addiction. Several of us have talked about forming a "Mod-o-holic's Annonymous" group to help with this.

You will want to stop in and post up the info about your SGT in the "Shelby GT Arrival Forum"

Color, 5spd/Auto, Active Anti-theft, Interior color, Ambient lighting, Interior Upgrade, Navigation, Shaker500 or Shaker1000, etc...etc...

If you go to Shleby Automobiles home page and click on the "Registry" you should be able to input your VIN# and CSM# and if it prompts you that it has already been entered, then someone has already registered that VIN/CSM# - otherwise you'll be able to update your info as the proud owner.

Hope all this helps!

Trevor

First things First - WELCOME to the Forum! Glad to see yet another SGT in the hands of a happy owner!

On the lighter side - keep close tabs on your wallet as you start thumbing through the Shelby Performance Parts catalog or the aftermarket vendors websites - once you start - you'll find that it becomes a bit of an addiction. Several of us have talked about forming a "Mod-o-holic's Annonymous" group to help with this.

You will want to stop in and post up the info about your SGT in the "Shelby GT Arrival Forum"

Color, 5spd/Auto, Active Anti-theft, Interior color, Ambient lighting, Interior Upgrade, Navigation, Shaker500 or Shaker1000, etc...etc...

Trevor

Welcome aboard. You should enojy the car. I edited Trevor's note to highlight your wallet will always be light due to Mods. Post the color, hopefully it as the faster White.

I can also offer you a chance on sequential tails lights. Thread has been running and you could still get in.

DrKSGT

Aside from the hood scoop/stripes issues - there was an Airbag recall put out for the passenger side module.

This recall is a very simple stop to the dealership - they need to reflash the programing for the airbag computer only!

It will not mess up the custom Shelby performance tunning/recalibration for 91 Octane fuel or the engine management system.

The dealer should be able to run your SGTs VIN# to determine if it's been completed or not.

Some have had some issues with the Shifter feeling loose or having a bit of a vibration/rattle - if you're SGT has this - you'll know it right away. I don't have the specifics - but if you search the forums for these - you should be able to locate the info on here.

Some have also reported an exhaust system rattle - again a search of the discussion threads should yield some info on this aswell.

By this time your "S H E L B Y" letters across the deck lid should be well cured and stuck on pretty well - but some have had a problem with some of the letters being loose or coming off easily while washing. . . . a little care, and being a little gentle around the letters will go a long way.

If you go to Shleby Automobiles home page and click on the "Registry" you should be able to input your VIN# and CSM# and if it prompts you that it has already been entered, then someone has already registered that VIN/CSM# - otherwise you'll be able to update your info as the proud owner.

Hope all this helps!

Trevor

I meant to say thanks for all the useful information. I tried to use the registry as you said but kept getting an unauthorized message after the username and password login page. Don't know if I did something wrong or not. I will post some pictures hopefully after the holiday rush is over.

Again thanks to all for the good info and have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Archived