TEAM SHELBY FORUM

T6060 Transmission problems

ctann

Hi all,

I read through the clutch-drag TSB, and there was mention of replacing other parts aside from just the clutch/flywheel. Are there any other known problems with the T6060 transmission aside from the clutch/flywheel issue? i.e. if I have an 08 T6060 with new clutch and flywheel, is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Thanks,

Chris.

No. Make sure it is the new flywheel, to my knowledge it went in the 09 models built after august 08 and not on 08 models.

Thanks. I didn't want to say it too loud, as this is a GT500 forum, but the transmission isn't actually in a GT500 - its in an '08 S302E, which shares the same gearbox, but has a different clutch and flywheel...

Cheers,

Chris.

Thanks. I didn't want to say it too loud, as this is a GT500 forum, but the transmission isn't actually in a GT500 - its in an '08 S302E, which shares the same gearbox, but has a different clutch and flywheel...

Cheers,

Chris.

You are more than welcome here ....sounds interesting, would you please post :camera: , and more info on the set up.

You are more than welcome here ....sounds interesting, would you please post :camera: , and more info on the set up.

Thanks - I didn't want any Saleen/Shelby rivalry to rear its head! :-> I haven't actualy got the car yet, the bad weather slowed things down - so its going to be a late Christmas present now... Only 31 of these beasts made, and so there is not a lot of technical discussion out there - hence me dropping by the GT500 section.

I've been following the Shelby Forums for several years now - and I guess I can still justify it, as I do own a Shelby (a '68 GT500KR). So, I think I will stick around, even if I own a modern-day competitors car! ;^>

Cheers,

Chris.

Thanks - I didn't want any Saleen/Shelby rivalry to rear its head! :-> I haven't actualy got the car yet, the bad weather slowed things down - so its going to be a late Christmas present now... Only 31 of these beasts made, and so there is not a lot of technical discussion out there - hence me dropping by the GT500 section.

I've been following the Shelby Forums for several years now - and I guess I can still justify it, as I do own a Shelby (a '68 GT500KR). So, I think I will stick around, even if I own a modern-day competitors car! ;^>

Cheers,

Chris.

You are welcome here Chris.

Cheers,

Chris.

you'll have to post some nice pic's of that 68.... :drool:

as for the tranny..shouldn't be an issue..as our syncro's were getting changed out do to the defective flywheel/clutch which was eventually causing the gears to bump and grind. not sure what flywheel/clutch type assy you have in the saleen..

Archived