TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 organic clutch

shelbypowered

:headscratch: If and when the 2010 gt 500 comes out with an organic clutch will it fit our 07-09 gt 500s- will it have a different flywheel and will the new gt 500 have an updated tranny- what would be the pro and cons of each system- the ceramic clutch has some cons but surely the organic will as well but may feel smoother but can it take that added horsepower- some of us bad luck guys may want to change down the road when warranties and time run out. Could ford substitute the organic clutch on the tsb to shut up us grabby clutch complainers- Could they say the tsb now requires the organic clutch as the clutch replacement in future tsbs?

:headscratch: If and when the 2010 gt 500 comes out with an organic clutch will it fit our 07-09 gt 500s- will it have a different flywheel and will the new gt 500 have an updated tranny- what would be the pro and cons of each system- the ceramic clutch has some cons but surely the organic will as well but may feel smoother but can it take that added horsepower- some of us bad luck guys may want to change down the road when warranties and time run out. Could ford substitute the organic clutch on the tsb to shut up us grabby clutch complainers- Could they say the tsb now requires the organic clutch as the clutch replacement in future tsbs?

Good question. I wonder why they used the term organic. It sounds like something you'd find in the produce isle.

What I discovered from three different ceramic clutches is that none of them had the same "smoothness" or lack of it. I believe consistency of the ceramic material used for our clutches varies between batches enough that the engagement characteristics are noticeable. I don't think it's a big enough deal to pull the transmission out of a car in the "hope" of getting a smoother clutch. I think the grabby clutch may actually have a longer life and hold a little more torque.

This theory makes me feel better about my Grabby clutch.

What I discovered from three different ceramic clutches is that none of them had the same "smoothness" or lack of it. I believe consistency of the ceramic material used for our clutches varies between batches enough that the engagement characteristics are noticeable. I don't think it's a big enough deal to pull the transmission out of a car in the "hope" of getting a smoother clutch. I think the grabby clutch may actually have a longer life and hold a little more torque.

I looked at the patent ceramic clutch and brake and it is amazing. I did not know much at the beginning but after reading more about it i want ceramic clutch....but the darn flywheel....well am not going there.

Grabby Clutch. :hysterical:

I like that term. :happy feet:

Lucky,

You are correct about the ceramic clutch being able to take more torque. I had the number somewhere, but I can't find them.

It would make sense the ceramic could be a grabbier material and your thoughts I agree with- my question why are they changing to an organic type clutch- they have more horsepower and torwue so is it going to be a better system or have the been eaten up on the tsbs on the ceramic system- if the old system was a sucess even with the tsb upgrades why are they changing. Someone at ford does not like the 07-09 clutch system.

Grabby Clutch. :hysterical:

I like that term. :happy feet:

Lucky,

You are correct about the ceramic clutch being able to take more torque. I had the number somewhere, but I can't find them.

That came about while I was typing :hysterical: funny how this has turned out, kinda :headscratch:

Archived