TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Liner,

richard m.switzer

Has anyone done anything with the hood liner,I'm working on mine,having it painted with high heat paint,,I will show pic's soon,please tell me if you think this is good or bad idea,thank you,Richard. I will show pic's tomorrow 12/27/2008 of hood liner,,,its painted ,I think it looks good,took alot of paint thoe,

Has anyone done anything with the hood liner,I'm working on mine,having it painted with high heat paint,,I will show pic's soon,please tell me if you think this is good or bad idea,thank you,Richard.

I wanted to do something under the hood too. Like have a cobra painted on there somehow.

Has anyone done anything with the hood liner,I'm working on mine,having it painted with high heat paint,,I will show pic's soon,please tell me if you think this is good or bad idea,thank you,Richard.

I seen a mustang with a painting of ozzy on the liner

Looking forward to the pics. I haven't seen a painted hood liner
thanks for the replies,I will post some pic's this weekend ,but it will take me a few more days after that to get it all done like I want it to be,so far its working out great,but I do show the car ,so I want it to be done right before I put it back on the car,thanks again for all your replies. :dance:

[att

achment=38465:605948_R1_26_25A.jpg]

Looking forward to the pics. I haven't seen a painted hood liner
Here are some pic's of my painted hood liner,,,I tried yellow at first then changed it to silver,why yellow :headscratch: ,,,to go with the yellow fender stripes I'm putting on soon,the paint is all high heat paint .it took 3 coats of high heat primer, 5 coats of yellow,then 2 coats of silver.I have some decals that will go on the hood liner next week ,will post pics of that next weekend.please tell me what you think about this .thank you Richard.

605948_R1_26_25A.jpg

605948_R1_26_25A.jpg

[att

achment=38465:605948_R1_26_25A.jpg] Here are some pic's of my painted hood liner,,,I tried yellow at first then changed it to silver,why yellow :headscratch: ,,,to go with the yellow fender stripes I'm putting on soon,the paint is all high heat paint .it took 3 coats of high heat primer, 5 coats of yellow,then 2 coats of silver.I have some decals that will go on the hood liner next week ,will post pics of that next weekend.please tell me what you think about this .thank you Richard.605948_R1_03_2A.jpg

605948_R1_03_2A.jpg

please be nice .I'm not done yet with it,,,but it is a easy fix to change back ,was trying something different,,,still working on the idea,,,that is how we learn,,,me being nice ,,it is my car,not yours.,its all about what makes me happy,, not you. :dance:

I think it's a cool idea. I've never thought much about messing with the hood, but I'm definitely interested to see how yours turns out. Good luck.

Ken

please be nice .I'm not done yet with it,,,but it is a easy fix to change back ,was trying something different,,,still working on the idea,,,that is how we learn,,,me being nice ,,it is my car,not yours.,its all about what makes me happy,, not you. :dance:

Hey man it's cool I was laughing with you, not at you,you guys are more cooked than most its cool I should have said cool too. Not that I am doing it on any of my cars anytime soon, but you have to admit its pretty funny and I get it. Kinda custom lowrider or van but cool. Cheers!

Sorry did not mean to imply mocking your ride...

I don't get it. :head scratch:

the liner is back on the car ,,its a lot better fit to the ford racing-cold air box,,no longer sucking hot air out of the liner,,,do you get it now,,,your car will suck hot-air out of the liner ,,the liner holds the heat in it,,and the cold air box will suck the heat out of the stock liner material ,, the high heat paint acts as a sealer to keep out the hot air from getting to the cold air box,,I will post more pics this weekend ,,,cooler air means what ? guys,,,and girls,,,,still working on getting the "new snake "decals made thoe,,,my decal man has not done them yet,,,,, :dance:

here are some pics 845163_R1_01_0A.jpg

the liner is back on the car ,,its a lot better fit to the ford racing-cold air box,,no longer sucking hot air out of the liner,,,do you get it now,,,your car will suck hot-air out of the line ,,the liner holds the heat in it,,and the cold air box will suck the heat out of the stock liner material ,, the high heat paint acts as a sealer to keep out the hot air from getting to the cold air box,,I will post more pics this weekend ,,,cooler air means what ? guys,,,and girls,,,,still working on getting the "new snake "decals made thoe,,,my decal man has not done them yet,,,,, :dance:

Looks good to me Richard. What kind of paint did you use. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Thanks,,, first the yellow is - #DE1642-Daytona Yellow,,Dupli-Color,,,high heat engine paint,,,,the silver ,which is on my car now is,,,#DE1615-Aluminun ,,Dupli-Color,,high heat engine paint,,,,

• 1 month later...

the liner is back on the car ,,its a lot better fit to the ford racing-cold air box,,no longer sucking hot air out of the liner,,,do you get it now,,,your car will suck hot-air out of the liner ,,the liner holds the heat in it,,and the cold air box will suck the heat out of the stock liner material ,, the high heat paint acts as a sealer to keep out the hot air from getting to the cold air box,,I will post more pics this weekend ,,,cooler air means what ? guys,,,and girls,,,,still working on getting the "new snake "decals made thoe,,,my decal man has not done them yet,,,,, :dance:

GOT RABBIT :hysterical:502744_R1_06_5A.jpg

Archived