TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby registry

abe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Roger made the announcement last night at the banquet. He stated that they have been working on the registry and have enabled the ability to add 2nd, 3rd, and so on owner information that way the cars can be tracked to their new owners when resold. He also mentioned that indeed, soon we will be able to go in and enter updates and get certificates of authenticity with a raised embossed seal. He has been flying to Las Vegas for the last several months for three weeks at a time, then working three weeks at home on the registry getting all of the necessary info needed to get the registry done. At-a-boy Roger, you da man. Chris

I met Roger outside the Cafe in Vegas in early November 2008. I suppose he was on his lunch hour. We talked for about an hour about lots of things, mostly Shelbys :drool: and being from back east as I am originally from NJ but have lived in the nation of Utah for over 34 years. New Joisey is a good place to be from. Sorry Michael (Wicked) :hysterical:

Naturally after we introduced ourselves, his first question was whether my SGT I had there at the Cafe was registered. Apparently there aren't that many of us registered as you might think. I had registered mine with SAI as soon as I joined TS in Jan 2008. He was working on the registry and said there would be an announcement after the first of the year. They were trying get as many owner's in as possible. This included ALL Shelby automobiles.

I enjoyed our conversation and am looking forward to seeing his finshed product. Thanks Roger.

ERIK

07SGT2940

I met Roger outside the Cafe in Vegas in early November 2008. I suppose he was on his lunch hour. We talked for about an hour about lots of things, mostly Shelbys :drool: and being from back east as I am originally from NJ but have lived in the nation of Utah for over 34 years. New Joisey is a good place to be from. Sorry Michael (Wicked) :hysterical:

Naturally after we introduced ourselves, his first question was whether my SGT I had there at the Cafe was registered. Apparently there aren't that many of us registered as you might think. I had registered mine with SAI as soon as I joined TS in Jan 2008. He was working on the registry and said there would be an announcement after the first of the year. They were trying get as many owner's in as possible. This included ALL Shelby automobiles.

I enjoyed our conversation and am looking forward to seeing his finshed product. Thanks Roger.

ERIK

07SGT2940

This is great news. I registered my car the day I picked it up.

Great points JERV.

Just some information for you and others who have questions regarding the registry.

Let's put this into perspective:

Total Ford Shelby Vehicle production through 2005 was near 13,561. It took 40 years to generate the registry information that is available today. What do you suppose the vintage registry looked like after 3 months in official operation? How many pages do you think it contained? Just the Cobra and GT40 release of the updated version is over 1600 pages!

Fast forward to today:

Total 2006-current Ford Shelby Vehicle production is near 31,500. To place any registry team in a position to even project a potential date for any potential hard copy registry is quite unrealistic and unreasonable.

A more appropriate question would be: do you have any intentions to have hard copies of any registry? The answer is yes.

The next question would be when would they be available? The reality answer is I cannot say.

Hope you all realize that this is not just a list of information to be printed in a book. We could do that in less than 50 pages and do it quickly. What would that accomplish? You would have no history other than just a list of VIN numbers and born dates.

Would you like some history with your "fries"? :hysterical: Please keep in mind that history is continuing with the 2010 and forward year builds to add to the totals. It is a monumental task. And history changes daily, evertime one vehicle is damaged, stolen, re-sold, etc. history of that vehicle has changed. And if no one enters or contacts a registrar with the information, it is never recorded. Read more on our registry drive soon, on this web site.

Please keep your expectations realistic. The registry team certainly is.

Look for "formal" announcements soon on the Shelby Automobile and Team Shelby websites. (soon means, hopefully, by the end of January) somethings I just have no control over.

Roger

Roger,

I appreciate your hard work and thanks for replying to my post. I was not looking for 40+ years of cars. I was not looking for a hard copy. I was thinking of something posted on-line. Also, I was reacting to something that was promised before I got here.

I do have a copy of the 1982 Registry and I do know they are tons of work and cost lots of money.

What I WAS looking for is a listing/registry for the '07 & '08 "Shelby GT" cars.

I found this topic in the GT section and didn't realize the "registry" was to include many other cars. JERV :salute:

Roger,

I appreciate your hard work and thanks for replying to my post. I was not looking for 40+ years of cars. I was not looking for a hard copy. I was thinking of something posted on-line. Also, I was reacting to something that was promised before I got here.

I do have a copy of the 1982 Registry and I do know they are tons of work and cost lots of money.

What I WAS looking for is a listing/registry for the '07 & '08 "Shelby GT" cars.

I found this topic in the GT section and didn't realize the "registry" was to include many other cars. JERV :salute:

Got it! No issues. We have been looking at all variations of hard copies. We have many ideas we are considering. Personally I would love to have hard copies. I can tell you that we are looking at feasibility. The registry team does not want to make any commitment that we cannot deliver. I can assure everyone that "I get it". Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.

Roger

Archived