TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Bye GT500

RIRENTERGT500

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cold tires?

Thats what I was thinking. Come on we want to know what happened. I think it can be fixed for less than half the cost of used so I am guessing it will be fixed.

Thats what I was thinking. Come on we want to know what happened. I think it can be fixed for less than half the cost of used so I am guessing it will be fixed.

Actually i was cruising on the highway when suddenly i hit a sheet of ice, so I thought I did. I ask the Officer if there was ice on the road, and he said NO. He Told me it was the De-icer txdot had put down on the ground. I went right into the guard rail. I checked the news before i left and it was 34 deg but no moisture on the ground, so i assumed no ice. The air bags did not go off. My back and neck are a bit stiff, but overall I am ok. I will keep you all posted on what GEICO decides to do. This is my only car (daily driver).

Glad that you're Ok. That's always what is most important. As far as being totaled or repaired, I'm not so sure. From the pics you have shown, this seems like a borderline situation that could go either way. I would certainly push the adjuster for it to be totaled.

This is a sad situation,however a GT500 should not be used in any condition where ice or snow could exist. A winter beater can be found for $2000.00 or less.

I work with a guy that has a Shelby GT, It kills me to see it being neglected with salt and dirt and now a big dent in the door. Ive nicknamed him "The Shelby Abuser". I will post pics someday i have my camera with me. Mistakes happen though. good luck with the fix!! :cry::headscratch::censored:

JMO, if the bags are still OK. I would start looking for a GOOD body shop. Make sure Geico doesn't pick what shop to take it to. If its in a tow yard, have it towed as soon as possible to the body shop you pick. Good Luck and stay on top of this.

Glad you are ok....cars can be replace but not humas.....

Glad to see you are ok little stiff but hopfuly that take a little time. The car looks like it mat not total I have a friend that does body work and prices are not that bad. The air bags did not go off so that is a big chuck of change.Texas law is a little diffrent than in Louisana about fixing autos, some insurance cannot use aftermart part.He get thisw news papers and Texas protects the owner of this high in crs compare to Louisiana. Hope you feel better keep us informed!!!

They put that crap on the road (off-ramps) several years ago in Tulsa;what a train wreck;lots of accidents.Tin and tires can be replaced,glad your ok,accidents like that are expensive to fix,damage all around.Best of luck!

Doc Scott

Thank you all for your comforting words. I love my car, but i dont think i would feel comfortable taking it up to the track after it is fixed. A piece of me whats them to fix it but the other wants it totaled. I was surprised to see the panhard bar broken in half and the rear sway bar broken as well. The front rim is cracked and I could not open either one of the doors, I had to exit through the window. I should find out today or tomorrow if the car will be fixed or not.

OH Man Sorry to hear about the accident. I really would suggest getting a beater truck 4X4. I thought everybody in Texas owned a white pickup truck maybe not a 4X4 but at least a white truck. Neverless I would never drive the Shelby in any weather below 40 degrees, all winter long mine stays in a heated 70 degree shop. I hope the insurance company treats you right and am glad that your OK.

Do you have gap insurance?

It may cover you glad you are ok.

The stock tires on you're car aren't meant to be driven in conditions below 50 degrees.

you will lose traction on dry payment in cold whether on stock tires.

Glad you are ok. car is toast sorry cant open doors frame is bent and that means total loss.

This is a sad situation,however a GT500 should not be used in any condition where ice or snow could exist. A winter beater can be found for $2000.00 or less.

I work with a guy that has a Shelby GT, It kills me to see it being neglected with salt and dirt and now a big dent in the door. Ive nicknamed him "The Shelby Abuser". I will post pics someday i have my camera with me. Mistakes happen though. good luck with the fix!! :cry::headscratch::censored:

Please post pics to the SGT forum discussion, the guys wouuld love to see that I'd bet...amazing.

Do you have gap insurance?

It may cover you glad you are ok.

The stock tires on you're car aren't meant to be driven in conditions below 50 degrees.

you will lose traction on dry payment in cold whether on stock tires.

Glad you are ok. car is toast sorry cant open doors frame is bent and that means total loss.

Gap insurance?..is'nt insurance great... total your car and need more "insurance" to get reimbursed....insurance companies suck.

IMO your car does look totaled, and I would not want it rebuilt anyways as there are other GT500's out there not wrecked and cheap.

Archived