TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H hood question

Gibs07GTcpe

I have an 07 GT. I picked up a used GT-H hood for 150. Well some previous owner had tried to make it a functional heat extractor. Well it now has a cut hole in there with no grille or anything. I was wondering if any of you had done anything similar with your hoods, and if so what did you use as a grille? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gib

I have an 07 GT. I picked up a used GT-H hood for 150. Well some previous owner had tried to make it a functional heat extractor. Well it now has a cut hole in there with no grille or anything. I was wondering if any of you had done anything similar with your hoods, and if so what did you use as a grille? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gib

try finding a custon grille shop, they should be able to fab a grille for it. if not, I'll take it off your hands

try finding a custon grille shop, they should be able to fab a grille for it. if not, I'll take it off your hands

It would cost more to ship it than you could buy it for out east.

It has already been modified for a supercharger to fit under it too.

That is good for my KB upgrade in the future.

I will try to find a custom shop out here that can do it. Thanks.

Gib

I'm not sure how big they cut the holes there for the heat extractor. If they didn't cut them too big, you could get a stock black plastic grille piece that goes in there and drill out all the little divits which are meant to look like holes in the stock piece. That way it would look stock and nobody would notice that it is actually functional. Just a thought. That was my thought if I were to do this, but I'm not going to cut up my stock hood. I've seen the stock plastic/rubber grille pieces on e-bay quite a bit. I bought one to replace mine when I get the car painted here soon. I can get the part number off of it for you if needed.

I'm not sure how big they cut the holes there for the heat extractor. If they didn't cut them too big, you could get a stock black plastic grille piece that goes in there and drill out all the little divits which are meant to look like holes in the stock piece. That way it would look stock and nobody would notice that it is actually functional. Just a thought. That was my thought if I were to do this, but I'm not going to cut up my stock hood. I've seen the stock plastic/rubber grille pieces on e-bay quite a bit. I bought one to replace mine when I get the car painted here soon. I can get the part number off of it for you if needed.

sure would be nice if SAI would just release the deep draw hood, that would make it to easy

Deep Draw hood?

What is that?

Jeff, thanks. I looked at that but I dont think it would work to well. The opening takes up almost all of the area to mount that to.

Gib

the hood that's being used on the Terlingua. looks like the GT-H hood but is functional/heat extraction

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrd...ngua/index.html

Archived