TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby paxton

Does anyone know what comes with the shelby paxton kit? The web site is vague to say the least. I want to know if it comes with fuel pump, injectors (what size), air to air or air to water (if any), novi 1200 or 2200, SL model or not, any other info?

thanks,

abe

Does anyone know what comes with the shelby paxton kit? The web site is vague to say the least. I want to know if it comes with fuel pump, injectors (what size), air to air or air to water (if any), novi 1200 or 2200, SL model or not, any other info?

thanks,

abe

Hi Abe, see parts list from the installation manual below;

Aux fuel pump, 39 lb injectors, air to water, Novi 1200 (not SL), and a bunch of other parts...

PaxtonManual01.jpg

PaxtonManual02.jpg

PaxtonManual03.jpg

thanks cudafly,

Do you have any pictures of the system installed? I have never seen the paxton air to water intercooler.

About what rpm does the boost start? Is there any problem with coolant puking out of the resevoir? I had heard this was a problem if the car is pushed too hard.

I see you went with the frpp dual pump. That is what I would do too.

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to make up my mind between the paxton and a positive displacement type s/c.

thanks again.

Pics? Here you go...

post-4213-1229897796_thumb.jpg post-4213-1229897825_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1229897796_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1229897825_thumb.jpg

thanks son of a gt,

It looks like the coolant resevoir is mounted over the right exhaust manifold, does that cause any problems with antifreeze burping out when run hard enough to get hot?

Yes there have been problems with that. I and others have reported about it. Mine happens on track days and while sitting in LA traffic during the summer. However, awhile ago somebody reported that Paxton said it was caused by a molding error and they replaced that owner's piece. I never got around to calling and just figured I would replace with an aluminum one when funds allowed.

Try a search you may find the thread where we discussed it.

Yes there have been problems with that. I and others have reported about it. Mine happens on track days and while sitting in LA traffic during the summer. However, awhile ago somebody reported that Paxton said it was caused by a molding error and they replaced that owner's piece. I never got around to calling and just figured I would replace with an aluminum one when funds allowed.

Try a search you may find the thread where we discussed it.

Pilot, would any form of insulatin be practical?

They basically are. Vortech owns Paxton.

EDIT:

On the surface the upgraded reservoir looks good. It says it requires the battery relocation kit also then. That would drive the investment up to $550 ($250 for the reservoir kit & $300 for the battery relocation). Maybe worth it but will take more savings.

I called paxton and they said that a car that sees hard use or high temps may want to use an aluminum tank. The upgrade tank is for the intercooler itself, not for the engine coolant.

I would think that header wrap and maybe a modified heat shield under the tank would help.

I called paxton and they said that a car that sees hard use or high temps may want to use an aluminum tank. The upgrade tank is for the intercooler itself, not for the engine coolant.

I would think that header wrap and maybe a modified heat shield under the tank would help.

I'm certain that wrapping the tank would help (it certainally wouldn't hurt), but I would personally avoid the work and just install a aluminum tank instead.

JMO.

Archived