TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has the most, Tickets

GT500Tow

Lets hear it, how many ticket have you got in your Shelby ? I have been very lucky. No tickets, but i got two with my Lightning. One for 87 in a 70 and one for careless driving. Careless, I was leaving a light and did a big hairy burn out. He said he heard my blower and i had to be spinning my tires. Tires didn't make any noise. So i got a ticket because he heard my blower. None in the Shelby so far... B)

Lets hear it, how many ticket have you got in your Shelby ? I have been very lucky. No tickets, but i got two with my Lightning. One for 87 in a 70 and one for careless driving. Careless, I was leaving a light and did a big hairy burn out. He said he heard my blower and i had to be spinning my tires. Tires didn't make any noise. So i got a ticket because he heard my blower. None in the Shelby so far... B)

none. i do not drive her much though.

None in recent years, last one was in 2002. Never in town, every one of them has been interstate driving. Get the 80 in a 70, worst one was 85 in a 65 in KY (2002 = $125). Missed one in KY that could have been really bad......two girls in a Porsha passed me (99 Cobra) with the ol radar detector on the windshield, I fall in behind them at an even 100, put them about 1/2 mile out in front, they were in the fast lane I was in the right lane. All the sudden their brake lights come on so I back off. Across the way a vehicle is cutting into the median, water splashing all over the place. See this in the mirror, they are slowing way down and pull into the right lane, I'm now going 70, they are around 65 as I gain on them, pull into the left lane to pass them. All the while this car in the mirror is gaining with the ol blue light special going. I'm thinking I'm toast, jail time, 110 in a 65 would be really bad. I finish the pass, pull back into the right lane, the cop pulls in bhind them and thats the last I saw of them/him. Don't do that stuff anymore! Hold it to 5 - 7 over the limit and thats it!

Forgot to mention, when I was young and bullet proof I did have a string long enough to have the State of WI come after my license. Only reason I didn't get it pulled was because my mom wrote a letter telling them I was in Viet Nam (I was really) and she would have to have me mail them in. They sent her a letter back telling her to forget it.....

So far I have been lucky no tickets since 1997. I had gone 10 years without a license and don't want to go through that again. Now my wife got her first ticket in her SGT. The cop clocked her leaving town doing 54 in a 35. She said she had slowed down from 70 so the cop was very nice that day. She has quite the lead foot. Then she got pulled over in my GT500 by a state trooper not even a week later. Failure to stop at a stop sign. He let her go telling her even though she is driving a stick she needs to remember rolling stops don't count. I think he just wanted to see the car. :hysterical:

no tickets, did get arrested though, so if you can top that

It depends on what you were arrested for?

Since arrests aren't technically tickets, I'm not sure an arrest counts in this thread? A LEO will arrest you when they can't cite (ticket) and release you; typically Misdemeanors and Felonies get you arrested, Infractions get you cited (ticketed) and released.

So I have one arrest in the Shelby for Reckless Driving, 130mph in a 65, this is a Misdemeanor in California, and I have one speeding ticket (Infraction) in the Shelby, 85mph in a 50

I have one in the Shelby, 82 in a 55 zone, but we will see what the results are after my court date.

Only other speeding ticket was in 1986, 54 in a 35 zone while delivering pizzas for Domino's in my 69 Mach one. Back then it was 30 minutes or the customer gets a discount, which came out of my pay. I was accelerating from a left hand turn and the CHP had set up a speed trap directly in front of me. If he would have been farther up the street it would have been worse. I really had my foot in it.

I have one in the Shelby, 82 in a 55 zone, but we will see what the results are after my court date.

Only other speeding ticket was in 1986, 54 in a 35 zone while delivering pizzas for Domino's in my 69 Mach one. Back then it was 30 minutes or the customer gets a discount, which came out of my pay. I was accelerating from a left hand turn and the CHP had set up a speed trap directly in front of me. If he would have been farther up the street it would have been worse. I really had my foot in it.

About 20 years ago, I was putting my 1968 Gt500KR away for the winter. Four of us were having breakfest and then we had a 20 mile drive to a really nice heated storge place. The other three guys had corvette's, and my best freind had a 1965 big block. He was all the time telling me he was the faster car, ya ya ya. About half way there we saw the highway cops setting in a parking lot checking the cars. My friend pulls up to me on the right, it was a four lane road, away we went. I took it up to a quick 140 and left all the vett's in the dust.My forth grear was too much for the 65 big block. Think nothing of it we put the cars away a got a ride home. The next morning another friend calls me and asked if I was driving my Mustang the day before. Some people just have to call our cars Mustangs ya ya ya .I asked why he was asking me that, he said he heard on his scanner that a Mustang and three vett's had gone through radar at 130 mph and they had set up a road block at the next town. Our turn was before the town and we didn't even know about it.Just dumb luck. The fellow that owned the storage building offered me too much and the car stayed there. I made 20,000 on the car and thought I was in heaven. Now I have a 2007 Gt500 and try to use cruise when I,m on the highway.You know, I really thought the 65 Vett was faster

I was pulled over for 79 in a 55 on one of our back country roads. It happened to be one of my wifes cousins and it was also the first time he'd seen the car up close.... After a dozen questions about the car, he finally asked "how fast will it go?". So I replied, "55", he just laughed and told us to be safe. Soooo, as we pulled away, I let loose in second gear and got bit of tire smoke. He just flashed his lights and went the other way!!!

Nothing in the GT500 YET, BUT in my very first red GT Mustang, in the wee early morning hours I was arrested in NC. Yes arrested. Any speed 20mph over the limit from an out of stater, you get arrested. (back then anyway, 1988) Trooper told me I had to go right in front of the Magistrate right now. Being tired and scared I could have sworn this trooper said masturbate! Now feeling really confused, I asked him to explain himself.......WRONG QUESTION! After being yanked from the car and telling me to "shut my mouth boy" he then KINDLY explained that I had to post BAIL of $100 or I was going into the big house.

I was going for just for the weekend and thats about all I had in my pockets. Tried to bluff, but when they started to put the cuffs on and move me towards the jail, I miraculously found $100, LMAO. I had to borrow money to get back home. Gets better too. I had to go back to court or they would have suspended my driving privileges in NC. I really didnt care about the money and was not going to back, but after really thinking about it, decided to appear. All I could think about was 20 years from now I'll forget about all this (yeah cant you tell) and will be driving through NC, get stopped and have to deal with the warrant.

So, I showed up for court. Now there was the guy in front of me in court who was driving 2 miles an hour LESS then I was. (I got caught going 79mph in a 55mph zone) So I listened to the judge, so I could get a feel of what was coming to me. I hear the judge tell the guy "You are hereby sentenced to 30 days in the county jail." Needless to say I about shit my pants and was looking for an escape route, thinking I was GOING TO JAIL. MY TURN....I give my explanation to the Judge and wait silently for a minute. The Judge then says...I hereby sentence you to 30 days....MY HEART SANK, I SAW BARS AND THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO MEET BUBBA! then I heard the rest....loss of driving privileges in the state of North Carolina starting the minute I left the state to go back home. He asked how long it would take me to get into Virginia and I told him about 2 hours. He then said "clocks a ticking son." I left and paid my fine and got the hell back on the road. While paying my fine I asked the girl at the window why the guy in front of me got what he did and I got what I did. She simply replied that "he was a repeat O-fender." Said thanks I was was GONE!

BTW I've had 12 tickets in my 4 other Mustangs over the years, 6 in one year, all before becoming a cop. Now I'm a little more responsible and rarely get stopped.

Had another funny experience in Virginia with a radar detector, but I'll spare you for now.

Yep, add one for me-- 94 in a 55 and he got me with laser. My detector went off, but it was too late! He was running to his motorcycle when he saw me too (he was with a buddy a few feet back from his bike). I just pulled over behind him to spare him the effort. No breaks and I just paid the $184 fine. A brief pull in 3rd gear at the wrong time...

How about the most at one time? Earlier this summer the wife and I were on the way home from visiting friends. It was a nice sunny Sunday afternoon. I was driving a couple of clicks under the 80kph speed limit (that's 50mph for you U.S. guys :hysterical: ) in the middle of a pack of about five cars, when we pass Johnny law going in the opposite direction. As soon as he gets clear of the pack, he wheels around and comes flying back up with the roof lights lit up. One by one the back cars pull over but he keeps on coming. So I pull off also (still not realizing it's me he's after) and he pulls up behind me. Shocked I say hello and ask what the problem is. He asks where my front plate is. I tell him that the car is new and I don't drive it that often and haven't got around to installing it yet (or ever, but I don't tell him that). He asks for my liscense, registration and insurance. I get my wallet and hand him my liscense and tell him I have to get the rest out of the glove box so he knows what I'm reaching for. When I open the glove box, the folder with all the car info is not in it. It was then I remembered that I had taken it into the house to replace the temporary insurance and forgot to put it back in the car. I tell him this. He says nothing and returns to his patrol car. Now my wife starts saying that he's going to write me for no front plate. I tell her to relax, he'll probably just give me a warning, after all it's not like I was speeding or srcewing around with the car or being in any way sarcastic to him. About five minutes later he comes up to the car and hands me 3 tickets. 2 for $125.00 ea. and 1 for $85.00 turns and starts to walk away saying my options are on the back of the tickets. So I say to him, still not in any way sarcastic, don't I have 24 hours to produce proof of insurance and registration (I know it's not a given but everyone I've heard of before has a least been given that). He just repeats your options are on the back of the tickets. I could tell that I wasn't going to catch a brake from this guy, so as he turns to leave I couldn't help but saying, you could of least give me a warning after all I did pull over in a Tim Horton's parking lot!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm 145 in a 65.

Three weeks ago. Between Carpinteria and Ventura on Hwy 101. 10:30AM on a Monday, clear as a bell, NO traffic. Ended up passing the CHP Cessna and apparently he was not able to keep up. I had no idea a that a CHP Cessna had a 110 knot limit. Anyway, got pulled over by a cruiser about 10 minutes later. Officer in the cruiser was pretty cool, but the officer in the plane was "not happy". Thankfully, I have history with the CHP as I used to work for BMW Motorcycles, and was involved heavily with the design and testing of the new R1200RT-P. On top of that I have known most of the guys in the Santa Barbara area for most of life as I grew up there.

Ticket stated 75 in 65 "Airplane Cite".

If had any luck left, I used it all right then. In reality I should have gone to jail.

Ended up costing $220 plus traffic school.

I've had 12 speeding tickets in 16 years of driving, all in hot rods or muscle cars...except for one, I tell you that in a second. I have fought all 12 and won 9.

I also maybe the only person in America that has received a speeding ticket in a Smart Fortwo. And of course I just happen to have had two girls in the car with me at the time. For those of you who don't know.. Smart cars only hold two people :drool:

post-22916-1231643632_thumb.jpg

post-22916-1231643707_thumb.jpg

post-22916-1231643632_thumb.jpg

post-22916-1231643707_thumb.jpg

Archived