TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Take Off Supercharger Question

Wondering if anyone knows whether the GT500 supercharger that is coming off for my SS conversion would be compatibile with the 09 F-150 Platinum. It has the 5.4 3V engine. Just got it from Dearborn and want to see if I can make some good use of my take off parts. Any thoughts or ideas out there. Thanks for any insight.

Wondering if anyone knows whether the GT500 supercharger that is coming off for my SS conversion would be compatibile with the 09 F-150 Platinum. It has the 5.4 3V engine. Just got it from Dearborn and want to see if I can make some good use of my take off parts. Any thoughts or ideas out there. Thanks for any insight.

This is a good question. I didnt realize the 09 had the 3V heads. I was told it would fit a 5.4 with 3V heads.

I cant wait until someone smarter then me answers this question.

MM

This is a good question. I didnt realize the 09 had the 3V heads. I was told it would fit a 5.4 with 3V heads.

I cant wait until someone smarter then me answers this question.

MM

Michael-

thanks for being the only response to this "good question". I didn't think it was as bad as the number of replies indicate. I will wait and see if any other takers are willing to help a dumb guy like myself. Have a wonderful holiday and love your input on the forum. Shelby just got my red convertible for SS conversion. Should be back by early March, but in the meantime, would love to hear that supercharger on my new F-150.

I wouldnt take a lack of replies as an indicator of a bad question. I would instead prefer to think that you asked a question that very few people know the answer to (in addition to it being the hollidays) so you will get fewer replies.

It is an excellent question though. I do not know the answer.

As stated before, I'm almost positive that a 4v specific supercharger will not fit a 3v engine without an adapter plate of some sort.

Thanks for the input 2006GT500. I have a call out to fordracing.com to see if they have any input on this question as well. Guess the question wasn't as silly as I initially thought. Have a great holiday.

Thanks for the input 2006GT500. I have a call out to fordracing.com to see if they have any input on this question as well. Guess the question wasn't as silly as I initially thought. Have a great holiday.

I asked what engines the GT 500 supercharger would fit on November 5 th and the last post November 7 th said the supercharger was a direct bolt on to the manifold of the P-51 Roush 4.6lt Mustang. If that is true then other engines might work. I have a 3.9lt 2004 T-bird with 4 valves and four cams that I would love to put the supercharger on. I could be wrong and I probably am but I believe the supercharger itself would fit almost any engine out there 2V, 3V, or 4V you just have to have a manifold or adapter plate. The supercharger could be throttled down with a larger pully if needed. I think the electronic program would be a problem for me but there are people that do that. I think it would fit a 60's V8 if you had a manifold but I don't know if you need to have an electronic program or if it would operate manually as all it does is compress air. Fordracing might have more answers.

I asked what engines the GT 500 supercharger would fit on November 5 th and the last post November 7 th said the supercharger was a direct bolt on to the manifold of the P-51 Roush 4.6lt Mustang. If that is true then other engines might work. I have a 3.9lt 2004 T-bird with 4 valves and four cams that I would love to put the supercharger on. I could be wrong and I probably am but I believe the supercharger itself would fit almost any engine out there 2V, 3V, or 4V you just have to have a manifold or adapter plate. The supercharger could be throttled down with a larger pully if needed. I think the electronic program would be a problem for me but there are people that do that. I think it would fit a 60's V8 if you had a manifold but I don't know if you need to have an electronic program or if it would operate manually as all it does is compress air. Fordracing might have more answers.

Thanks Samkirch-

Ford racing isn't open for questions til tomorrow. Will ask them and see what I can find out. Let you know later this week.

Archived