TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I think I'd trade my GT500 for this

Ain't technoligy great! Computers do it better. How many pounds of fuel do you think were burned during that demonstration, and that is probably the good stuff (JP-5) not the pee water (JP-4) we have to burn with carrier based jets.

Since it is an AF bird then the fuel is probably JP-8. I agree about the computers...too a certain point.

Since it is an AF bird then the fuel is probably JP-8. I agree about the computers...too a certain point.

A few of these F22's were flying over the Pacific from Hawaii and the computers shut down as they flew through the International Date Line. Good thing they were flying in VFR weather!

Other than getting lost in the middle of the ocean, it is an amazing airplane.

http://www.dailytech.com/Lockheeds+F22+Rap...article6225.htm

I've heard of thrust vectoring. Is that how they can make such dramatic maneuvers at slow speeds?

Yes. The Russian Sukhoi 27, 30, 32,33, and 35 use thrust vectoring too. In fact, it was the Sukhoi aircarft that stunned the world at the Paris airshow by showcasing it's manueverability. The SU-30 and SU-33 also use canards at the front of the aircraft to assist their vectored thrust. Their trademark maneuver is known as "The Cobra".

A few of these F22's were flying over the Pacific from Hawaii and the computers shut down as they flew through the International Date Line. Good thing they were flying in VFR weather!

Other than getting lost in the middle of the ocean, it is an amazing airplane.

http://www.dailytech.com/Lockheeds+F22+Rap...article6225.htm

Unbelievable. All those brains at Lockheed missed this???!!!! Don't get me wrong, the F-22 is a fantastic jet, but for Lockheed to overlook this seemingly simple problem during the design stage as well as the shake down flights is just downright embarrassing in my opinion.

According to the people that were interviewed in the article, this glich could have turned into a serious issue for those pilots under different circumstances and that's just not acceptable...period.

Archived