TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Door Panel and Speaker removal instructions

Grabber

The attached 3 PDF files will show you how to remove your front door panel and change your speakers.

Door_panel_removal.pdf

Door_speaker_removal.pdf

Subwolfer_removal_in_door.pdf

Door_panel_removal.pdf

Door_speaker_removal.pdf

Edited by Grabber

• 9 months later...

These door panels are pretty easy to remove, especially with these diagrams. There are no clips, so they can be removed without damage. I just swapped my door speakers, changed out my silver door pulls with chrome Taurus pulls, and install chrome Silver Horse Racing window switch bezels.

Have fun with thos rearmost rear deck screws a whole lotta fun

so what has people replaced their door speakers with brand wise???

I actually replaced my door subs with JL Audio 5x7's. The reason for this is because of the odd sizing of the OEM speakers/subs.

The door subs and rear speakers both measure 5 1/2"x8". I couldn't find a direct size replacement anywhere, so I went with the only common size that would fit - 5"x7".

However, my system is now seriously lacking in bass, now that I've replaced them with component speakers.

Ken

DSC04417.jpg

Edited by kahmann

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The attached 3 PDF files will show you how to remove your front door panel and change your speakers.

Door_panel_removal.pdf

Door_speaker_removal.pdf

Thanks Rob....That is perfect! I know it is pretty easy, just didn't want to miss a step and then break something thinking is should be ready to come free.

Should go smoothly from here.

I almost thought to leave it in there just in case 40 or 50 years from now when then next person owns it and is restoring it like I did with my 1966 convertible, that he would see the name of the original owner. Only problem is I don't know where this plastic card came to rest and I'd hate to have it sitting on something that could cause a problem down the road.

Thanks again!

Andy.