TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Wife SURPRISED me!!

redcobradude

I had been on a waiting list for over a year. Two had been delivered and I was still number 10 on the list. Needless to say I thought I was not going to get one here. So I was watching Ebay and calling around to dealers every month or so.

My wife was smarter. She had a connection into Ford. So in early August she orders a red with white stripe GT500 coupe. And of course she doesn't tell me. So last saturday, she calls me and says that her car is running really bad and that I should be in the driveway as she pulls in so I can hear it. It is getting dark and I can see two pairs of headlights coming up the street. It wasn't the blue lights of her car so I just watched them come up the hill anyway.. Then right before they get to our driveway I get a flash of the distinctive red with white stripes that signify a Shelby GT500. Just as I think...Cool somebody in the neighborhood got a Shelby, it turns into my driveway!!! My wife opens the door with the biggest grin I have ever seen!! I was blown away!!

The second car was her sister with a camera, and my two boys had retrieved our camera. My 11 and 12 year old boys nad my wifes sister's family had kept the secret for almost two months.

I have almost 300 miles on it and I am driving it everyday. The looks and stares from other motorists are great. People will take pictures with their cell phones as they are driving. Many thumbs up from other Mustangs and even a few rice burners.

My 1999 red Cobra is for sale!!

I had been on a waiting list for over a year. Two had been delivered and I was still number 10 on the list. Needless to say I thought I was not going to get one here. So I was watching Ebay and calling around to dealers every month or so.

My wife was smarter. She had a connection into Ford. So in early August she orders a red with white stripe GT500 coupe. And of course she doesn't tell me. So last saturday, she calls me and says that her car is running really bad and that I should be in the driveway as she pulls in so I can hear it. It is getting dark and I can see two pairs of headlights coming up the street. It wasn't the blue lights of her car so I just watched them come up the hill anyway.. Then right before they get to our driveway I get a flash of the distinctive red with white stripes that signify a Shelby GT500. Just as I think...Cool somebody in the neighborhood got a Shelby, it turns into my driveway!!! My wife opens the door with the biggest grin I have ever seen!! I was blown away!!

The second car was her sister with a camera, and my two boys had retrieved our camera. My 11 and 12 year old boys nad my wifes sister's family had kept the secret for almost two months.

I have almost 300 miles on it and I am driving it everyday. The looks and stares from other motorists are great. People will take pictures with their cell phones as they are driving. Many thumbs up from other Mustangs and even a few rice burners.

Congratulations!!! Post some pictures please.

You are one lucky guy to have a wife like that. By the way is her sister married?

Archived