TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quickest BONE STOCK 1/4 mile times?

BanditSRT8

I have twenty or so time slips, from 12.20 best to 12.30's and 12.40's @ 112 1.9 60ft stock and with wheel hop so bad i was surprised i didn't break something. Some 12.0's 1.7 60ft with just UCA bushings replaced. But i had to slip the clutch and it wouldn't shift by the time i was done. Just did get it home with out towing it.

I'd like to add. This car has to have driver mod. Its one of the hardest cars Ive ever driven at a drag strip. Been drag racing 35 years. Every car, truck, motorcycle ive ever owned has been at the strip. Also bracket raced for 15 years. When i was in my 20's. I raced 10 second Chevy Vega. Talk about a hard one to get down the track. Experience has a lot to do with it. My son drives my car and he is a very good driver. Last time we went. He was about 4 tens behind my runs. Same track and car. Gears makes this car much easier to drive. My first car was a 1970 340 4 speed duster. After some work 12.60 and i was 16 then.

Guess we need to re-start this thread... "Quickest BONE STOCK (showroom stock/no mods) 1/4 Times"

Seems we have a couple of "sandbaggers" in the thread...

I'd like to add. This car has to have driver mod. Its one of the hardest cars Ive ever driven at a drag strip. Been drag racing 35 years. Every car, truck, motorcycle ive ever owned has been at the strip. Also bracket raced for 15 years. When i was in my 20's. I raced 10 second Chevy Vega. Talk about a hard one to get down the track. Experience has a lot to do with it. My son drives my car and he is a very good driver. Last time we went. He was about 4 tens behind my runs. Same track and car. Gears makes this car much easier to drive. My first car was a 1970 340 4 speed duster. After some work 12.60 and i was 16 then.

Sorry but dumb question. Whatcha mean by gears? pinion or transmission after TSB?

Best I've done is 12.89s @ 111.34 MPH. Absolutely bone stock.

you also need to ad location of where the runs where made, on the coast these cars can put down some great numbers, in the middle of the us like where i live all cars run a little slower

Archived