TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dem Led Congress Gives Itself a Raise!!!

WOW!

The Dem led congress has done such a bang-up job, haven't they? Well, they deserve a raise!!

They have a single digit approval rating.....for you Obama voters, that means their approval rating is lower than Bush's!!

And what a swell job they've done with the economy. They even told auto exec's to take pay cuts.

Remember Dem rule #1.... It's only ok when WE do it!!!

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/with-e...2008-12-17.html

There's a real kick in the nutz, or maybe there trying to make it look like it's business as usual!

"Currently the average lawmaker makes $169,300 a year, with leadership making slightly more. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) makes $217,400, while the minority and majority leaders in the House and Senate make $188,100."

What do you expect them to do? I don't know how Nancy P is not living on the street at that rate of pay.

The Dem led congress has done such a bang-up job, haven't they? Well, they deserve a raise!!

They have a single digit approval rating.....for you Obama voters, that means their approval rating is lower than Bush's!!

from CNSnews.com:

Congress is poised to receive $2.5 million dollars in additional compensation in January, thanks to a 1989 amendment allowing for automatic raises – unless lawmakers specifically vote to reject them.

It was a Democratic led Congress that voted for the 1989 amendment, just not the current group. And if accepted it would be business as usual. As it has been for every Congress (Democrat or Republican) since 1989.

It was a Democratic led Congress that voted for the 1989 amendment, just not the current group. And if accepted it would be business as usual. As it has been for every Congress (Democrat or Republican) since 1989.

Haven't most of those in Office, been in Office since 1989?

This shouldn't surprise anyone. They are the worlds biggest collection of miscreants and scumbags.

No.....................tell us how you really feel! :hysterical:

Notice the crickets from the leftist members of this forum?

Hey JayDub! Doing the Seagull impressions again are we! :hysterical:

Hey you "Right Wingers" need to READ THE ARTICLE!!!

"Rep. Harry Mitchell, a first-term Democrat from Arizona, sponsored legislation earlier this year that would have prevented the automatic pay adjustments from kicking in for members next year."

"In 2006, after the Republican-led Senate rejected an increase to the minimum wage, Democrats, who had just come to power in the House with a slew of freshmen, vowed to block their own pay raise until the wage increase was passed. The minimum wage was eventually increased and lawmakers received their automatic pay hike.

I don't once read of any Republican's lifting a finger or raising any objections to this...and while I think it's a bad time to do this for sure, it was passed years ago and undoing something is pretty hard in a Congress so equally divided.

But hey...put it in perspective!

How much would you need to make to maintain two residences? You need to have your apartment and a car etc., in DC and your home and family back in your district. All the time away from your family in most cases. Hey, we make these guys run every two years so they need to spend $$$$$$$ to get elected all for a job that pays a little more than what a lot of them were making before? Never mind the businessmen, doctors and lawyers in Congress that made a lot more previously.

They can keep the job for that money...not worth it to me!

Hey JayDub! Doing the Seagull impressions again are we! :hysterical:

Hey you "Right Wingers" need to READ THE ARTICLE!!!

"Rep. Harry Mitchell, a first-term Democrat from Arizona, sponsored legislation earlier this year that would have prevented the automatic pay adjustments from kicking in for members next year."

"In 2006, after the Republican-led Senate rejected an increase to the minimum wage, Democrats, who had just come to power in the House with a slew of freshmen, vowed to block their own pay raise until the wage increase was passed. The minimum wage was eventually increased and lawmakers received their automatic pay hike.

I don't once read of any Republican's lifting a finger or raising any objections to this...and while I think it's a bad time to do this for sure, it was passed years ago and undoing something is pretty hard in a Congress so equally divided.

But hey...put it in perspective!

How much would you need to make to maintain two residences? You need to have your apartment and a car etc., in DC and your home and family back in your district. All the time away from your family in most cases. Hey, we make these guys run every two years so they need to spend $$$$$$$ to get elected all for a job that pays a little more than what a lot of them were making before? Never mind the businessmen, doctors and lawyers in Congress that made a lot more previously.

They can keep the job for that money...not worth it to me!

B.S! They can undo it with a simple vote. Pointing out Republican inaction before a crisis is pretty lame defense. The Dummycrats wanted to lead, so let's see their leadership IN ACTION.

B.S! They can undo it with a simple vote. Pointing out Republican inaction before a crisis is pretty lame defense. The Dummycrats wanted to lead, so let's see their leadership IN ACTION.

LOL....it's not so simple and you know that.

I'm not pointing out anything other than the sanctimonious hypocrisy I see here at times! Do as we say not as we do!

Archived