TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008/2009 Sheby GT & GT-C Missing?

shelbygt500svt

Hi,

I am the owner of a 2007 Black Shelby GT, one of very few in the UK, and am interested in upgrading to a 2008 GT or GT-C or even a 2009 if thats possible.

I have checked the Ford site and the Ford Performance Group websites and there is absolutely no mention of the 2008 Shelby GT ot GT-C on either site? The FPG site has a reference o the 2007 Shelby GT as a previous model but nothing on the 2008.

WHY is this and how do you go about buying one!

Also why no 2009 Shelby GT or even better 2009 Shelby GT350?

Many thanks I am very frustrated back here in the UK.

There has never been much mention of the Shelby GT on Ford's website, except for some photos here and there at times. I think this is because its considered to be more of a "Shelby" car than a "Ford" car, if that makes any sense. In other words, the Shelby GT was a modified Mustang envisioned and built by Shelby and blessed by Ford, whereas the GT500 was built by Ford/SVT and blessed by Shelby - at least in my view. Anyway, it was a limited run, only '07 and '08, which is a good thing. The '08 were no different than the '07, save for the blue color and a riveted hood scoop and minor trim, so I would not consider it an upgrade from an '07. I would say be happy with your '07, you have a fantastic, limited-edition vehicle (unbiased opinion of course)!

There has never been much mention of the Shelby GT on Ford's website, except for some photos here and there at times. I think this is because its considered to be more of a "Shelby" car than a "Ford" car, if that makes any sense. In other words, the Shelby GT was a modified Mustang envisioned and built by Shelby and blessed by Ford, whereas the GT500 was built by Ford/SVT and blessed by Shelby - at least in my view. Anyway, it was a limited run, only '07 and '08, which is a good thing. The '08 were no different than the '07, save for the blue color and a riveted hood scoop and minor trim, so I would not consider it an upgrade from an '07. I would say be happy with your '07, you have a fantastic, limited-edition vehicle (unbiased opinion of course)!

I think you are right about most of that explanation. However Ford Dealers sold them so surely they must have been listed on the website or where and how did people buy them? Plus 08 models must still be available?

I will probably stick with the beautiful 07 but was intersted in the 2008 convertible and the GT-C as an option.

Are you looking to get an '08 because you want a Convertible or don't like the black, if not, your probably better off just sticking with the '07.

Thanks see other post for reply.

I still think Shelby should prooduce a limited run 2009/2010 Shelby GT350 with driving lamps like mine scoops and full retro look.

I always thought the name Shelby GT a bit lame when they could have gone for Shelby GT350. Shelby GT is far too close to the Standard Mustang GT in this world of Google and eBay!

First of all, welcome to the forums. The SGT was sold on ford lots, but was hardly at all advertised by ford. As they are Shelbys, but started out as Fords. If you are interested in another, contact Michael Morris here on the forum. If they are out there, and I know they are he can find them and hook you up. Chris

Just keep yours and make it even limited by dropping a certified/approved SAI SC in it and call it a day- from what I am reading and hearing a SGT that is SCed is even more fun and limited for it being such a underdog people get surprised when they get owned by a mustang that has no snake badging,hopefully with all of the different Turbos and different Super Chargers flooding the market the prices drops down but I wouldn't count on that. :shift: ....I'm still saving my pennies for a SC for this car-sure I can trade in my SGT for a GT500 and take a severe hit but I having all of the signatures from the man himself on my car dash and sun visor and be able to tell my kids one day that I got the chance to meet him will be a grand story of a automotive legend. I mean he gave my wife a hand shake and a kiss on the hand that I told her to not ever wash it but got :club: ...

DSC03335.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

First of all, welcome to the forums. The SGT was sold on ford lots, but was hardly at all advertised by ford. As they are Shelbys, but started out as Fords. If you are interested in another, contact Michael Morris here on the forum. If they are out there, and I know they are he can find them and hook you up. Chris

That clears it up then. Many thanks for the tip as well.

When are we getting a 2010 Shelby GT350 then?

Just keep yours and make it even limited by dropping a certified/approved SAI SC in it and call it a day- from what I am reading and hearing a SGT that is SCed is even more fun and limited for it being such a underdog people get surprised when they get owned by a mustang that has no snake badging,hopefully with all of the different Turbos and different Super Chargers flooding the market the prices drops down but I wouldn't count on that. :shift: ....I'm still saving my pennies for a SC for this car-sure I can trade in my SGT for a GT500 and take a severe hit but I having all of the signatures from the man himself on my car dash and sun visor and be able to tell my kids one day that I got the chance to meet him will be a grand story of a automotive legend. I mean he gave my wife a hand shake and a kiss on the hand that I told her to not ever wash it but got :club: ...

DSC03335.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

Great story, good tip re Supercharger, great pics and a pretty wife!

Many thanks

Just checked the Shelby website and guess what: NO mention of 2008 Shelby GT Coupe! THe GT-H is there as is the GT Convertible but the 2008 GT Coupe and GT-C Coupe may not as well exist....

http://www.shelbyautos.com/vehicles.asp

I find all this odd.

Thanks. What CSM# do you have? I only know of a few differences between the 07 and 08 SGT-Colors (Blue+Orange),HID headlights.ambient lighting for the interior and the gas guzzler tax was more from what I've seen and a convertible-maybe I'm missing some but not enough for me to switch out my 07. Now maybe a BJ SGT edition may change my mind. :drool:

1828.jpg

Just checked the Shelby website and guess what: NO mention of 2008 Shelby GT Coupe! THe GT-H is there as is the GT Convertible but the 2008 GT Coupe and GT-C Coupe may not as well exist....

I find all this odd.

2008 info IS there:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=17

I find all this odd.

I wouldn't expect to see any '08's on Ford's website. The '10's are coming out and typically the manufacturers websites carry only current models.

The CSM# will indicate the SGT designation. The first 218 CSM's in 2008 were Grabber Orange or the C as people like to refer to them.

The Vista Blue cars began at CSM# 217.

Roger, think you mean first 217 were Grabber Orange and Vista Blue began with CSM#218.

Mark,

Based on our discussion today, the last Grabber Orange car was 217, 218 was the first Vista Blue sold to the public a coupe, 219 was an auction car Coupe.

So yes you are correct,

Roger

Well I didn't know if you wanted me to reveal my source ;)

That public auction of 0219 is interesting. Wonder why it was auctioned off vs sold via a dealership. I could understand if 0218 (1st blue one) had been auctioned. Would make an interesting registrar research topic.

Just hypothesizing...maybe at the time of auction, it was thought to be the lowest CSM# for a Vista Blue GT.

It wouldn't be the first time the lowest numbered blue one had been mis-identified :D

shelbygt500svt,

You have a nice pair of beautiful Shelby's in your stable. I am sure you get LOTS of attention driving where you live. I love your black SGT and what you have done with it. The lower driving lights are a real throwback. I am also wondering about the GT350 or the next great car from Carroll Shelby will be???

Erich

Thanks see other post for reply.

I still think Shelby should prooduce a limited run 2009/2010 Shelby GT350 with driving lamps like mine scoops and full retro look.

I always thought the name Shelby GT a bit lame when they could have gone for Shelby GT350. Shelby GT is far too close to the Standard Mustang GT in this world of Google and eBay!

Yeah, but think of the FORD GT. Thats a pretty exclusive car.

Archived