TEAM SHELBY FORUM

sequential tail light group buy

hmmmmmmmmm, I've been lookikng for it for about 30 mins, and I cant find it either. Wonder why it dissapeared? I also have a bookmark saved for the other topic, but it says the linky is broken. :headscratch:

If I was betting I would imagine it vanished cause the group buy was not through a supporting vendor, But I dunno. Maybe a Mod can enlighten us.

:headscratch::headscratch:

If I was betting I would imagine it vanished cause the group buy was not through a supporting vendor, But I dunno. Maybe a Mod can enlighten us.

:headscratch::headscratch:

I got a notice from Staff to this end. PM me with any specific questions. Not sure how to handle so I do not upset 'STAFF" and jeopardize my membership.

Got a reply from our source that the last of the shipments were being made today subject to UPS being able to get to the dock? There was a big snow storm here today. Reply also said owner understands the action but would be discussing with SAI during next project he does with SAI.

Tom

UPS attempted delivery before I got home Friday, didn't want to wait until Monday to miss another attempt, so I picked it up at the depot.

...now if I only had my ride !

Patience grasshopper. You wan't it right!

Glad you got the lights.

DrKSGT

Mine came in right on schedule. They are the complete wiring harness versions (more expensive to produce, I imagine) rather than the Dynamite Stick version that inserts into the factory harness. I did get a shipping confirmation email from the UPS Quantum View system.

Mine left Michigan on 12/18, two stops in Ohio, then Georgia (sat in Atlanta from 11/19 to 11/22), then Jacksonville. Left there last night at 11:23 P.M. heading to town but nothing since that last scan. It still says on time for delivery today but I question that since it doesn't show up as "out for delivery". That's cool though, tomorrow still gets them here before Christmas!!!

Got mine today the quality looks great! Thanks....

The harnesses were apparently shipped on the 18th, and were for certain delivered on the 24th; not bad considering the weather in intervening days and states.

I installed them yesterday - truly a plug-and-play operation - and they seem to be operating as advertised. Couple of notes with regard to the process:

· No Torx driver required on my 2009 car: the location mentioned in the instructions has a plastic tube that fits over the end of the mounting screw and is spun by a wing-nut-style configuration attached to the tube. I'm going to look at my 2006 model and see if the Torx would be needed there. (EDIT: It would)

· The screws attached to the tail lights pass through body holes that are sealed by rubber gaskets/washers; on original assembly the 11mm nuts apparently destroy the original configuration of the gaskets, leaving a seal that comes apart upon removal of the nuts. If I had known about that, I'd have visited Mr Ford Parts Guy and put new pieces there, if available. As it was, I fabricated some seals out of materials at hand; I'm sure they will be effective, but a mystery to any subsequent users.

Before I found this thread I sent Kim a message regarding the "owners'" sensitivity about the uses of the Forum. Looks as if I was correct ...

Cheers, and a belated Season's Greetings to all.

ChristmasCard1958.jpg

ChristmasCard1958.jpg

I went by my friendly blue oval parts department this morning and was told I could not buy the replacement gaskets. They said it was a "service item". I asked what that meant and they told me that the gasket and other "stuff" listed would be included in the parts charge if I had them do any service work on the tail light assembly, but that they were not available to purchase. Bummer. I guess when I go to install them I'll see what is needed and head to Pep Boys (or use some "Right Stuff")

Bought mine from Brenspeed for 119.95. they are made by CDC and took about 1 hour to install both sides. They were on sale about 3 weeks ago for about 104.00.Brenspeed does not charge any shipping or handling and of course no taxes if out of state. I could not find no one cheaper anywhere. They work as advertised. Probably one of my better mods. Cops want get me for not using my blinkers now. Not so sure that those nut gaskets are absolutely nesessary as they are in the trunk and not exposed.

Archived