TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Billet Dash Plaque

HARALD KELLEY

While I agree the 07 plaques are much nicer I just don't see SAI being able to offer this. I could be wrong and am not speaking for SAI but its my understanding they are not replacing dash plaques on any of the cars so take care of the one you have.

If SAI's policy on the dash plaques ever changes I'm sure we will hear about it here.

Steve

I'm pretty sure what you got is what your stuck with, unless you do something custom.

• 1 month later...

As I am now typing this reply, I am looking at my Teamshelby Forum computer screen layout. Just above this reply window is the "Shelby GT-H Registry!" Within the window is the following:

Shelby GT-H Registry

Attention Shelby GT-H Owners. If you own a 2006 or 2007 Shelby GT-H, please register it now at the official Shelby registry website.

Remember that we can only send permanent dash plaques to those people who have registered their Shelby GT-H. If you may have any questions feel free to contact Roger at Shelby."

Is the permanent dash plaque referred to above, the one discussed in this "Billet Dash Plaque" forum thread?

Somewhere I read that 2007 GT-H owners would receive a dash plaque replacement for the CSM numbered decal originally affixed to the dash.

Any info?

Thank you,

Stuart

CSM07H048

Stuart,

Yes, as long as your car has not been registered by somebody else, once you register your car through that link, you will be sent a packet including the billet dash plaque which replaces the sticker on your dash. I would follow up the registry with an e-mail to Roger and Adrienne. They will then make sure that you get your packet. Many people are not replacing the sticker with the plaque, but just keeping it for safe keeping.

Stuart,

Yes, as long as your car has not been registered by somebody else, once you register your car through that link, you will be sent a packet including the billet dash plaque which replaces the sticker on your dash. I would follow up the registry with an e-mail to Roger and Adrienne. They will then make sure that you get your packet. Many people are not replacing the sticker with the plaque, but just keeping it for safe keeping.

Jeff,

Thank you for the information. I received my packet in the 2nd week of December, but I did not receive a billet dash plaque. I wil contact Roger and Adrienne.

Best to you -

Stuart

CSM07H048

Stuart,

I just received my Billet Plaque last Friday. Adrienne (adrirnnrw@shelbyautos.com) was very helpful in getting to me. I don’t believe that it will be sent just by signing up on the Registry. Basically proof of ownership is required in addition to the registry; the bill of sale with the sellers name and the buyers name is what they prefer. In addition to the plaque a very nice certificate congratulating you on your Shelby GT-H purchase is also included, signed by C.S., Amy, Gary Patterson, Gary Davis, and Akos Feher.

I will not be attaching it to the dash, but will keep it in a safe place.

With all the talk about the Plaque and what it symbolizes the expectation on getting one was almost as exciting as waiting for my car to be deviled.

I am not a machinist, or schooled in manufacturing, but other then the actual CSM number, which has to be engraved anyway, what would be so costly or complicated (additional tooling-I think not) to produce additional billet plaques that say everything about the heritage and quality of a Shelby. We all believe that the Plaque IS AS IMPORTANT TO OWNERSHIP AS THE ACTUAL CAR. I have read many treads here were the owners of 2006 cars have voiced their displeasure with the plastic plaques. Some are even willing to pay for one (why should they?). We all have spent a lot of money and I suspect fulfilled a dream by purchasing a Shelby. I (we) believe that the name Shelby stands for excellence in automotive engineering. For what my $0.02 is worth a plastic plaque in today’s high tech manufacturing world, is a cheap way out. A plastic plaque that symbolizes all that the Shelby name implies is not in my opinion keeping with the true Shelby image.

I just received my GT-H packet in the mail today :happy feet: :happy feet: I really appreciate Shelby doing this for us. The key chain with my CSM number, the 40th Anniversary badge, and certificate are all high quality, but the dash plaque is not as nice as mentioned here. I too would be willing to pay for a billet one like the '07's and turn in the plastic one if needed. Maybe if enough of us are interested, they might make a run of the billet ones.

Can someone take a picture of the plastic one? My dash plaque (06' GT-H) from SAI is engraved steel. THe quality is not very good, you can see the burn marks from the laser cut.

Randy

Can someone take a picture of the plastic one? My dash plaque (06' GT-H) from SAI is engraved steel. THe quality is not very good, you can see the burn marks from the laser cut.

Randy

randy,

can you take a picture of your dash plaque, and post.

Archived