TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Its official, we are moving to Sierra Vista Arizona

darkside

Yesterday I got a call to go for an interview with the Course Director for one of the Military Intelligence courses at Fort Huachuca as he was on Fort Bragg for other business and after the interview I recieved an Email informing me that I would be getting an official offer for the job. This is the exact job I have been working to get since I decided to retire from the Army

I told them that I will except the offer when it is offered, which should be by Monday. The pay is very good, not as good as going to Iraq or Afghanistan, but my post retirement income will be 50% more than what I make now and I won't have to worry about getting my ass shot off.

They want me to start on the 2nd of March (The first day I can legally take another job).

So, I will be leaving NC in mid to late February and renting a house. Erin and the dogs will stay in NC until the house sells and then the Army will move our stuff to Arizona.

We will then look for a nice piece of dirt to build our retirement home on. The good thing is real estate is real cheap in Sierra Vista.

I have been worrying about getting a good job for quite a while and now it feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Greg,

Congratulations . . . this is something well deserved. For those of us who have never served, we are pleased when someone like you hooks up with something that you truly wish to do and something that will contribute to the security of our county. That it will give you the economic security you want and need is all the better. You will love Arizona and, as another member mentioned, many more driving days available to you there. This should make your holidays even more joyous. Thanks for sharing the news.

Jim

I had the "opportunity" to be stationed at Ft Huachuca and reside in Sierra Vista in 1970-71. I bet it's changed a bit since then.

We had a great time while we were there. I had a lot of time to enjoy my first motorcycle and sunny days to cruise in the '70 Chevelle SS 396 vert I owned at the time (wish I still had it).

Would love to see a couple photos of how it looks today.

Wonder if a bottle of Carta Blanca is still $0.25 in Nogales..............

I know you will really enjoy living there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It seems my stay in Arizona will not be a long one. I will be moving back to the East Coast as I have been offered and accepted a government job in Tampa Florida.

The offer was unexpected and too good to pass up.

Arrival date in Florida is not set yet, but should be in the next 3-6 months.

Yesterday I got a call to go for an interview with the Course Director for one of the Military Intelligence courses at Fort Huachuca as he was on Fort Bragg for other business and after the interview I recieved an Email informing me that I would be getting an official offer for the job. This is the exact job I have been working to get since I decided to retire from the Army

I told them that I will except the offer when it is offered, which should be by Monday. The pay is very good, not as good as going to Iraq or Afghanistan, but my post retirement income will be 50% more than what I make now and I won't have to worry about getting my ass shot off.

They want me to start on the 2nd of March (The first day I can legally take another job).

So, I will be leaving NC in mid to late February and renting a house. Erin and the dogs will stay in NC until the house sells and then the Army will move our stuff to Arizona.

We will then look for a nice piece of dirt to build our retirement home on. The good thing is real estate is real cheap in Sierra Vista.

I have been worrying about getting a good job for quite a while and now it feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Good for you and good for us in AZ. We can always use and appreciate our countries servicemen. My daughter and her husband are relocating to Sierra Vista soon, with Border Patrol. Nice place, great weather. When you get here, let me know. We have some great roads to drive and nice places to go. We own a small store in Safford, 100 east of Sierra Vista. I can relay you information on where to go if you like.

Jeff

Congratulations on the new job. Did the house sell in NC already?

Nope. My wife is still there until it does. I can afford an apartment and a house payment, but not two house payments.

It will be much faster to move our stuff from NC to FL then from NC to AZ

Archived