TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Peaches gets barred

For those of you who don't know, Peaches is the nickname of my wife's '08 SGT 'vert.

If you can think of who and where the car was bought from to get that nickname you win nothing.

Partly for safety and partly for Open Track events we decided to have removable roll bars professionally installed.

We are using the same shop as someone else on the boards and the car is currently being worked on at Piper Motorsport in Virginia.

His install thread is here: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30072

John was able to take some pics of our install today. If you see them in his thread, these are the same ones.

post-11718-1229646889_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646898_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646910_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646919_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646930_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646889_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646898_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646910_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646919_thumb.jpg

post-11718-1229646930_thumb.jpg

The car was finished Friday, 12/19. It then went straight down to Georgia and is waiting to go on a hauler out to the Vegas Bash.

They look great and only two corners of the back seats are turned in with the bars in place. Piper does excellent work ! !

They had the car for two 1/2 days and three full days.

I have asked MM to take some pics since I won't see the car untill LV, and will post them.

The car was finished Friday, 12/19. It then went straight down to Georgia and is waiting to go on a hauler out to the Vegas Bash.

They look great and only two corners of the back seats are turned in with the bars in place. Piper does excellent work ! !

They had the car for two 1/2 days and three full days.

I have asked MM to take some pics since I won't see the car untill LV, and will post them.

I will send them to you in a few. Weather was bad yesterday.

MM

For those of you who don't know, Peaches is the nickname of my wife's '08 SGT 'vert.

Partly for safety and partly for Open Track events we decided to have removable roll bars professionally installed.

Very nice instal !

Your Wife & Peaches will be enjoying this trick setup. :burnout:

Lg

Thanks

I would like to post pics, but........ it hasn't been a few yet. :P

Drivers side plastic foot panel was able to be re-installed. Passenger side was not and MM was going to get a panel and see if it can be trimmed around the mount.

The door bars will not be left in, so this is not a big issue.

Rear seat should be able to stay in place while bars are removed, and installed. Need to try this in person to verify.

As mentioned, I don't see the car again untill 1/8/09 in Vegas.

Thanks

I would like to post pics, but........ it hasn't been a few yet. :P

Drivers side plastic foot panel was able to be re-installed. Passenger side was not and MM was going to get a panel and see if it can be trimmed around the mount.

The door bars will not be left in, so this is not a big issue.

Rear seat should be able to stay in place while bars are removed, and installed. Need to try this in person to verify.

As mentioned, I don't see the car again untill 1/8/09 in Vegas.

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!

I forgot. Ill go take them right now!!

MM

If MM does not come through with pics of back seats, it's 9 days untill we see the car in LV for pics.

All they had to do was cut one piece of plastic support in the corner of each seat bottom.

This allows the corners to fold away from the bars. You can see the mounts, so, like I said, the bars MAY be removable with the seat in place.

If MM does not come through with pics of back seats, it's 9 days untill we see the car in LV for pics.

All they had to do was cut one piece of plastic support in the corner of each seat bottom.

This allows the corners to fold away from the bars. You can see the mounts, so, like I said, the bars MAY be removable with the seat in place.

So when the bars are not in, you can see the mounts? or does the seat cover the mounting plate in the back when the bars are removed? not sure how often I will have the bars in or whether once they are in, just leave them in for the most part unless I have more than one passenger...

When the bars are out, that corner of seat will push back and cover the mount. You will not see the mount when the bars are out.

All mounts will be covered when the bars are not in. That's the whole point of this, mounts that "disappear" when not in use.

I told Piper to make small carpet cuts to let it fall "around" the bars when in place.

When the bars are out, that corner of seat will push back and cover the mount. You will not see the mount when the bars are out.

All mounts will be covered when the bars are not in. That's the whole point of this, mounts that "disappear" when not in use.

I told Piper to make small carpet cuts to let it fall "around" the bars when in place.

Thanks - thats exactly what my expectations for this install are also - mine goes in to Piper on Monday

Have a great time out west, be safe.

Archived