TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help me... I am going to crack.....

supe

I have been searching hi and low for a Shelby, with no luck. I have been saving money since the press release (seems forever). I can’t afford the adjusted market value cars. Now with three new Shelby cars on the way the GT500 prices I hope they drop like the GT Super car have. The choices are, wait it out for MSRP or crack at ADM and get pissed later when the market drops. :banghead: The doctor may prescribe happy pills for the pissed problem or just go for a 500HP pony ride. “Somebody Help Me”… any suggestions? :shrug:

I have been searching hi and low for a Shelby, with no luck. I have been saving money since the press release (seems forever). I can’t afford the adjusted market value cars. Now with three new Shelby cars on the way the GT500 prices I hope they drop like the GT Super car have. The choices are, wait it out for MSRP or crack at ADM and get pissed later when the market drops. :banghead: The doctor may prescribe happy pills for the pissed problem or just go for a 500HP pony ride. “Somebody Help Me”… any suggestions? :shrug:

here's the thing...as far as I can tell,atleast 2 out of the 3 shelbys comming will have much less than 500 hp.

and with 2007 GT500 orders gone,I don't see much relief in prices..

My Friend, this is a decision that only you can ultimately make (also check with wifey). Time = Money. How much time do you want to waite. If a ADM puts a strain on you - I would not do it. The market will change. Prices will change and adjust. Just excactly what it will do is unknown. The word is that prices will trend down. I would not make a decision that you will regret later. What ever you do, don't look back because whats done...will be done. Enjoy what ever decision you decide to do. B)

Hey supe. I know where there is one for sale, the car was bought in New York then shipped to Nova Scotia, Canada, the guy is asking 69 000 cdn, it is red with white stripes, it is in our local autotrader, he had it for sale about a month. I'm sure he would take a reasonable offer. If you are interested post it and I will try to help you the best I can.

svtkeith

Hey supe. I know where there is one for sale, the car was bought in New York then shipped to Nova Scotia, Canada, the guy is asking 69 000 cdn, it is red with white stripes, it is in our local autotrader, he had it for sale about a month. I'm sure he would take a reasonable offer. If you are interested post it and I will try to help you the best I can.

svtkeith

Really???

Wow wonder why....you sure thats not a dealer?

Cheers,

Requis

...Tough call, I think if this car is the end result, then getting on a list for 08 or 09 is a good call builds up the pot, down side is the anxiety goes through the roof...not sure I could ever do this waiting game again for a car..bad enough waiting nine months for my kids....maybe others might know of that Lease holders program maybe theres still one or two out there...name on a list seems reasonable as a frist step.

But please don't leave this forum either way, I get inspired every time I see your avatar, and your posts... : :bandance:

Cheers,

Requis

Northern Jersey, saw a Black GT500 at local dealer yesterday and he wants 20K over MSRP. I stoped by a dealership at the other end of town today, because I heard they had one on the floor also. When I got there, they were loading back onto Semi Car Hauler and I asked why are you loading back onto hauler? Salesman told me he just sold it to another dealership for 18K over MSRP! I saw a guy looking kind of nervous and asked if he was sales guy that just bought it, he said yes, I just bought for 18 over and already sold for 25 over! I do know of a guy getting one for MSRP plus a little markup for dealership training costs, he has been waiting a very long time. If I wanted a GT500 without paying ADM, I would search for a dealer willing to give me a contract at MSRP for a 2008, then try to not worry for a long time. Easier said than done!

I'm waiting it out.

These cars will drop to MSRP and possibly below, just give it some time.

Especially considering all the other Shelby flavors they are going to offer...

Patience, it's hard but worth it in the end. :party:

Thanks for some soothing comments. :cry: The local dealer said he could get me one but has no idea when. I think that was a load of BS. :banghead: I will continue to search for a car but may crack to ADM pricing. A buddy of mine has a “Shelby”. When I ask how? He just cracked a 30K ADM smile. Then I told him the news of 3 more Shelby cars, he smiled again but this was the simile of a man that just farted in a crowded elevator. This car is awesome. I live in the northeast and will be competing with the homeless guys over cans to make up the difference. :finger:

Hey, stop staring at my avatar and find me a Shelby… lol

Supe

Thanks for some soothing comments. :cry: The local dealer said he could get me one but has no idea when. I think that was a load of BS. :banghead: I will continue to search for a car but may crack to ADM pricing. A buddy of mine has a “Shelby”. When I ask how? He just cracked a 30K ADM smile. Then I told him the news of 3 more Shelby cars, he smiled again but this was the simile of a man that just farted in a crowded elevator. This car is awesome. I live in the northeast and will be competing with the homeless guys over cans to make up the difference. :finger:

Hey, stop staring at my avatar and find me a Shelby… lol

Supe

Honestly if I were you I'd do this:

Get a lease car, perhaps BMW, would be nice to hold you over. Then in a year, trade in lease and get Shelby for reasonable price.

:shift:

Be patient. Not all 2007s are spoken for...there is plenty of availability, but all seem to be going for ADM at the current time.

It's interesting to see the variation in pricing discussed at this site. ADMs seem to be anywhere from 10-25K over right now...mostly depending on how desperate the buyer is feeling.

One thing you can know with certainty: pricing will come down.

Honestly if I were you I'd do this:

Get a lease car, perhaps BMW, would be nice to hold you over. Then in a year, trade in lease and get Shelby for reasonable price.

:shift:

But he would waste 5-7k to drive a car for a year that his heart is not in. I would wait until Jan 1st and see where the market is then. Until then if you find one for 5k over jump on it. JMO

But he would waste 5-7k to drive a car for a year that his heart is not in. I would wait until Jan 1st and see where the market is then. Until then if you find one for 5k over jump on it. JMO

Actually, I suggested BMW because they have the lowest depreciation of any vehicle on the road to my knowledge. The 'Dealer Lease' allows you to just pay based on what they know the car will be worth in 'X' years.

It's cheaper than taking a 10k adm or higher, and probably cheaper even than a 5-7k adm as well.

Was just a suggestion, if it were me (and I am in the same boat) I would and am just waiting it out to see what happens with the prices. Surely by next year they will be more realistic with the car in large production numbers.

Not that many people want / need / can afford 500hp cars, and pay to keep them on the road. (tires etc..)

I think these things will be readily available soon enough, just like my 2004 Cobra was when I waited for the hype to die down. I got mine for Invoice at the last of the run. :shift:

Archived