TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unusual warrenty question.

hotrodrock

I know several members have out of curiosity gotten trade in quotes on their GT500's. My mind wandered (happens too frequently) and I got to wondering. What if you traded your car in for a Dodge or GM product and the clutch TSB work was needed but not done yet. Can one of those dealers carry the car to a Ford dealer for warrenty work?

I know several members have out of curiosity gotten trade in quotes on their GT500's. My mind wandered (happens too frequently) and I got to wondering. What if you traded your car in for a Dodge or GM product and the clutch TSB work was needed but not done yet. Can one of those dealers carry the car to a Ford dealer for warrenty work?

Sure they can. Most dealerships & repair shops use companies like All Data that show TSB's, recalls, etc for all makes & models.

Steve

Sure they can. Most dealerships & repair shops use companies like All Data that show TSB's, recalls, etc for all makes & models.

Steve

Sure they can? I kind of doubt that they would do this on their own and would want your warranty to cover the work- the best thing to do is to get the tsb done or at least take it to the dealer and have it checked. If your dealing with a smart dealer or car owner they will know the value of the tsb is around 6000.00 and will be sure they have that amount covered in the trade or purchase- a dealer will try to get it approved but that does not make it an automatice deal closer- All Data does not approve work only shows reports on models and years- it will create a flag but could be overlooked but I would not buy a car without the tsb done or the money adjustment to cover it. It will slow the deal down at the very least.

Archived