TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT brake duct/PIAA light bezels

Hi Guys,

It came to my attention today that some of our Shelby GT bezels were accidently shipped and released without instructions and without the template/PIAA light install brackets. These started shipping out yesterday so if your kit showed up and you have not recieved instructions or a bracket kit, they are on their way. We are very sorry for the trouble, guys (and gals). If you check this thread again tomm, I will attach the instructions for you to have. any problems or questions, please email me kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

It came to my attention today that some of our Shelby GT bezels were accidently shipped and released without instructions and without the template/PIAA light install brackets. These started shipping out yesterday so if your kit showed up and you have not recieved instructions or a bracket kit, they are on their way. We are very sorry for the trouble, guys (and gals). If you check this thread again tomm, I will attach the instructions for you to have. any problems or questions, please email me kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

Thanks!

Great to see them shipping! :happy feet:

30 preliminary kits were shipped by our manufacturer to take care of our oldest preorders. The remaining 220 kits are arriving the first week in January at which time they will be available and in stock. You are always welcome to preorder (we do not charge until the item ships) so when they do come, it will be automatically released immediately. Thanks!

Hey Keith, could you re-post the instructions? I ask this, as I tried to download them, but Adobe Acrobat says the file is damaged, and can't be repaired, and won't open. I have the S-GT front bumper (unpainted), for my 2006 GT, but didn't want to add it until these became available, as I really like the look. Plus, I plan on wiring them up to work with my fog lamps, so I have 6 lights working. If you could repost a link so I can see how to install, I would really appreicate it. Thanks for your help.

Hey Keith, could you re-post the instructions? I ask this, as I tried to download them, but Adobe Acrobat says the file is damaged, and can't be repaired, and won't open. I have the S-GT front bumper (unpainted), for my 2006 GT, but didn't want to add it until these became available, as I really like the look. Plus, I plan on wiring them up to work with my fog lamps, so I have 6 lights working. If you could repost a link so I can see how to install, I would really appreicate it. Thanks for your help.

Just tried the download and its working fine. Perhaps you're having a problem with you acrobat reader?

Steve

+1

Question - can the foglight hole be used as an additional brake duct hole? If there were a "Y" fitting available, both could feed into one larger cool air duct.

Question - can the foglight hole be used as an additional brake duct hole? If there were a "Y" fitting available, both could feed into one larger cool air duct.

Probably, but it would take a little engineering. The foglight hole is a 1/2" wider, and theres not much

of a flange to attach to on one portion of the hole. Will be even less when you take into consideration

the thickness of the bumper cover portion it attaches to. You might be able to slide the hose "into"

the hole, but I dont know how good that would look.

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

This is great news and thanks for the update. It is very nice of you to post us an official update, and I look forward to receiving mine in or around January.

Thanks

I'm going to have to wait until after the first of the year (maybe Spring). My wife is at the point she doesn't even want to hear the word "Shelby". Don't get me wrong, she loves it (helped me glaze it today), I just keep buying stuff for it!!!

I'm going to have to wait until after the first of the year (maybe Spring). My wife is at the point she doesn't even want to hear the word "Shelby". Don't get me wrong, she loves it (helped me glaze it today), I just keep buying stuff for it!!!

I hear ya bro... There is just too much stuff out there I want and not enough time or money. But I keep trying. :happy feet:

I must of been one of the oldest pre-orders as I got mine this past Wednesday. I have not installed them yet but in looking at them it looks like the wait was worth it. The material they used looks good and should match up with the black lower bumper on our cars. There is even a small CS logo on them.

Keith... Thanks for the instructions for installing the bezels and lights. The instructions mention a tip about the Paxton Supercharger. Are there any tips for the folks who have the lower grille already in place??? Will the lights/bezels go right in or do we have to do some other engineering because of the grille??? If I remember correctly, there is a curved section on that grille that may hinder the installation.

Thanks again,

Gary

Yes, our R&D car has an s/c and a lower grille. On the SC cars, the intercooler brackets need to be "trimmed" and the cooler scooted back as close to the radiator as possible. Once this is done, the air hose for the brake duct kit will go on just fine (ours is not available yet but will accept a 3.5" hose for those not wanting to wait). The lower grille has two pre-drilled holes on them from the manufacturer but they didn't line up with our bezel bolts whose locations were modeled after the originals from SAI. I simply removed the innermost bolts on the bezels, held the lower grille in position and then slipped a drill bit through the bezel hole onto the grille to make all four marks. I pulled the grille out again, drilled my own four holes from the marks, placed the grille back in place and secured with the bezel bolts and nylocks. It makes sense when you look at it so it may require that i shoot a few pics for you guys. It becomes self-explanitory when you have everything- :)

I received the bezels and lights Dec 18. Had to wait until yesterday ( Dec 29 ) to get the brackets, but is was worth the wait. A little bit of work for the install, but not to bad. On my car #1399, I had to remove some material from the lower grill to make the bezels fit. All in all not too much work. Looks great!

Received the Shelby GT Brake Duct / PIAA lights and now have them installed. Really came out nice. The installation is pretty much straight forward BUT is not a "plug and play" process. A little work is involved and is well worth the final results. The lower grill had to be trimmed a bit to get the proper fit but not a problem. Keith came up with some pretty good instructions, and after reading the RED print warnings, I personally abided by the rule, "measure twice, cut once" to avoid any OOPS type screw ups. The bezels and lights really fills the big void in the lower valance!! :shift:

Received the Shelby GT Brake Duct / PIAA lights and now have them installed. Really came out nice. The installation is pretty much straight forward BUT is not a "plug and play" process. A little work is involved and is well worth the final results. The lower grill had to be trimmed a bit to get the proper fit but not a problem. Keith came up with some pretty good instructions, and after reading the RED print warnings, I personally abided by the rule, "measure twice, cut once" to avoid any OOPS type screw ups. The bezels and lights really fills the big void in the lower valance!! :shift:

How 'bout some pics?? :camera:

Archived