TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT brake duct/PIAA light bezels

SPP-Keith

Hi Guys,

It came to my attention today that some of our Shelby GT bezels were accidently shipped and released without instructions and without the template/PIAA light install brackets. These started shipping out yesterday so if your kit showed up and you have not recieved instructions or a bracket kit, they are on their way. We are very sorry for the trouble, guys (and gals). If you check this thread again tomm, I will attach the instructions for you to have. any problems or questions, please email me kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

Thanks!

Let me work on that for you. Our R&D car was left outside yesterday and we recieved 5" of snow out here in henderson. They said its the first snow storm in Vegas since 1979. I'll see how clean the car is and then snap some pics. Didn't think to do it after the install, either. Duh! There maybe some from SEMA actually I can check too-

:dance: :happy feet: :happy feet: :drool::drool: I can't wait for mine,

Let me work on that for you. Our R&D car was left outside yesterday and we recieved 5" of snow out here in henderson. They said its the first snow storm in Vegas since 1979. I'll see how clean the car is and then snap some pics. Didn't think to do it after the install, either. Duh! There maybe some from SEMA actually I can check too-

Attached are the instructions. Thanks!

Just a little note here for you guys who intend to do your install yourself....

If you pay very close attention to picture #2, you will see that underneath the masking tape on the flat portion of the spoiler, there is also a piece of metal on top of the flat portion of the spoiler....This is a VERY good idea as that portion of the spoiler is fairly soft and you will hit it with a drill when drilling the lower mounting holes for the bezel and unless you have something like this piece of metal in there, it can still scuff the spoiler through the masking tape....

Be very careful at the top of the bezel as well...

Also, I noticed that the car in the photos has an intercooler mounted down there and it looks like the brake ducts are useless on a S/C car with the intercooler...Just an observation...

If you pay very close attention to picture #2, you will see that underneath the masking tape on the flat portion of the spoiler, there is also a piece of metal on top of the flat portion of the spoiler....This is a VERY good idea as that portion of the spoiler is fairly soft and you will hit it with a drill when drilling the lower mounting holes for the bezel and unless you have something like this piece of metal in there, it can still scuff the spoiler through the masking tape....

Also, I noticed that the car in the photos has an intercooler mounted down there and it looks like the brake ducts are useless on a S/C car with the intercooler...Just an observation...

A a/c- sheet metal shop can help you with the metal , :dance:

I answered some of that here, the brake kit is not useless:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=595777

• 1 month later...

[a

ttachment=40794:502744_R1_13_12A.jpg]

GOT MINE TODAY,,,,dreams do come true :bandance: :headspin:
got them installed today,,,,what do you think ,,wasn't that hard,,did take a little time to get everything right thoe,,,got to get the lights now,,I also installed the lower (BLACK)-grill I have had a few months

502744_R1_13_12A.jpg

502744_R1_13_12A.jpg

[a

ttachment=40794:502744_R1_13_12A.jpg] got them installed today,,,,what do you think ,,wasn't that hard,,did take a little time to get everything right thoe,,,got to get the lights now,,I also installed the lower (BLACK)-grill I have had a few months

SORRY about that,502744_R1_00_00A.jpg

Archived