TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford employee says GT500 production to begin soon.

robertlane

Me too. I want one badly and I am not at the front of the line.

C.S. is under contract for 2 years, with a possible 3rd year. Relax. I'm waiting until next year. They will be on the lot at sticker or below. I believe the Camaro/Challenger hopefuls will wait for their favorite nameplate.

Thanks for the update Robert. Keep the information coming. I think I might need one of those vitamins that mrsuds wife has. :D

That's good stuff!!!!!!!

I know what I'm talking about.

Thanks mrssuds!!!

KingCobra.

I can't wait. I just hope my dealer keeps their word. It's looking good so far, but I'm afraid the 600k at Barrett-Jackson might start a whole new level of stupidity.

I agree, and with storys leaking out about dealers getting 10-$50,000 mark ups I just hope my dealer doesn't feel like he's missing out on a score,at my expence. :mellow:

Job 1 is the first customer car........shouldn't be until around june. Pre-production models are run prior to job 1......otherwise known as early build units in the auto industry. All companies do that and we were slated to do 1 on each shift today but didn't see one.

In any event unless something changes it will be anytime now for pre-production units. Regarding Flat

Rock and the ford announcements.......nothing directly concerning us was announced but I guess you never really feel secure these days, not even building the hottest car going....... will keep you posted as time allows for it........

Job 1 is the first customer car........shouldn't be until around june. Pre-production models are run prior to job 1......otherwise known as early build units in the auto industry. All companies do that and we were slated to do 1 on each shift today but didn't see one.

In any event unless something changes it will be anytime now for pre-production units. Regarding Flat

Rock and the ford announcements.......nothing directly concerning us was announced but I guess you never really feel secure these days, not even building the hottest car going....... will keep you posted as time allows for it........

I just hope in the restructuring that the first person to suggest moving mustang production out of the US getts a boot in the ass. I'm sure one of the wizards would suggest it, but you just dont do that with an american Icon. personally I think that as toolings paid for by the unanticipated sales, that they can move the mazda6 elsewhere and ramp up more mustang models- I think they could milk this bodystyle for a couple more sell-out years- especially if there were actually cars to test drive out there...just try to test drive a mustang gt in ohio...

almost hate to ask, but pre job one cars- are these the ones to go thru durability/crash testing? I hate to think that its a necessary evil, but know a few always get sacrificed...the early builds can never get sold can they?

Thank you for the info, modified7. Good to know. Yes, please keep us informed as we are the most rabid of Ford Freaks!!! ;)

I replied with similar information in another thread but yes pre-production cars have been coming through for the 07 model year....both GT and Shelby models....coupe and convertibles......... the new colors have now passed me and looked sharp coming down the line.

I really wouldn't expect any need to crash a shelby as that is typically for testing the chassis and occupants against the forces of a wreck. Since nothing will be structurally different for the chassis of the Shelby as it is the same platform you wouldn't think there would be a need to wreck one.

Pre-production units are as you suspected........both to get the operators up to speed on a new model or car in the assembly time frame and also when done lot's of research and develpment can be done with these although there were cars built for that long ago,too........

They really don't leave any stones unturned with even the base model and GT mustangs with regards to doing everything that they can anticipate ahead of time in developing a completely new car and I'm sure the mindset on the Shelby option is even more so......

An example would be when the 2005 models were still early on in the build, there would be an engineer come in with a "mule" for me to put up on a lift and remove the lower control arm, put a new one on it and he would leave again with it. He had alot of wires and gadgets hooked up to a computer in the passenger seat and was measuring audible sounds of the front suspension as the chassis went through bump and rebound ensuring no problems with components or rattles,etc.. Then he'd return and I'd change the rack and pinion and off he'd go again. I'm impressed with the approach that Ford has taken towards the car it reminds me of my five years working for Penske with various teams and their approach...........

I replied with similar information in another thread but yes pre-production cars have been coming through for the 07 model year....both GT and Shelby models....coupe and convertibles......... the new colors have now passed me and looked sharp coming down the line.

I really wouldn't expect any need to crash a shelby as that is typically for testing the chassis and occupants against the forces of a wreck. Since nothing will be structurally different for the chassis of the Shelby as it is the same platform you wouldn't think there would be a need to wreck one.

Pre-production units are as you suspected........both to get the operators up to speed on a new model or car in the assembly time frame and also when done lot's of research and develpment can be done with these although there were cars built for that long ago,too........

They really don't leave any stones unturned with even the base model and GT mustangs with regards to doing everything that they can anticipate ahead of time in developing a completely new car and I'm sure the mindset on the Shelby option is even more so......

An example would be when the 2005 models were still early on in the build, there would be an engineer come in with a "mule" for me to put up on a lift and remove the lower control arm, put a new one on it and he would leave again with it. He had alot of wires and gadgets hooked up to a computer in the passenger seat and was measuring audible sounds of the front suspension as the chassis went through bump and rebound ensuring no problems with components or rattles,etc.. Then he'd return and I'd change the rack and pinion and off he'd go again. I'm impressed with the approach that Ford has taken towards the car it reminds me of my five years working for Penske with various teams and their approach...........

I'm interested in seeing some of the other colors. Especially yellow.

Let's hope that the slogan returns " Quality is job 1."

WOOHOO.. That's post #200.

I'm going for Torch Red with White Stripes

but..............

my first love was Tungsten with 'Black Stripes"!!!!!!!

Didn't offer Black, so...............

Really wanted the Black/Red leather interior, and those are the only colours that I thought that suited it.

KingCobra.

I'm going for Torch Red with White Stripes

but..............

my first love was Tungsten with 'Black Stripes"!!!!!!!

Didn't offer Black, so...............

Really wanted the Black/Red leather interior, and those are the only colours that I thought that suited it.

KingCobra.

Wait a minute...they are offering black, right? Or did you want the all-red interior??

Archived