TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Covercaft car covers

I do not have experience with that product. I bought mine from California Car Covers. If your leaving the car outside I have seen a lot of covers in airport parking lots that have blown off because there is not enough elastic around the bottom so that it tucks under the car.

I had a Covercraft cover for my 03 Cobra. Will work fine to protect from elements, and breathes pretty good if there is a lot of precipitation. You must tie it down though, or it will blow off the car. There are holes on each side - and tie down rope provided with the cover.

But, if you are leaving it at the airport, you may want to find one that has a locking mechanism. So someone doesn't steal your cover.

i have one from covercraft. the fabric is light and durable for outside, sun, dust, rain, nooo problems. when u roll it up, since the fabric is not the thick kind, fits in a small bag. if the wind is say 36mph and over, u better strap that thing down on all four sides. the normal cable lock/tie downs only goes from side to side. thats good for up to 25mph wind anything over that u best tie down the front and rear elastics. a garage wasn't available to me for a few months and the cover worked great. btw it does not scratch the paint either. the color i choose for the cover was grey, didnt want a color that stands out like black, blue, red and etc. good luck if u get one.

I do not have experience with that product. I bought mine from California Car Covers. If your leaving the car outside I have seen a lot of covers in airport parking lots that have blown off because there is not enough elastic around the bottom so that it tucks under the car.

California Car Covers are made by CoverCraft. They just have the CCC name silk screened on the front of the cover.

Steve

I have had some experience with a coupl different covers from Cal Car Cover. The first was the NOAH. This one used the Kimberly Clark fabric. It worked great for about 5 months and then sand/dust began to filter through when it rained really hard. It never scratched the paint at all because the fabric is pretty soft. I just couldn't have the sand coming through and had to get rid of it.

Theh current one I am using is the WEATHER SHIELD. It is great as far as stopping all dust and water. BUT...it does haze the paint. They say it is guaranteed not to scratch but that is not true at all. The back edge of my spoiler and the top corners of my rear bumper are hazed due to the wind blowing and moving it ever so slightly. It isn't as soft as the Noah fabic. I do have it tied down using the locking cable and it will not come off in heavy wind.

The ideal cover would have the softness of the Noah on the underside and the Weathershield on the outer exposed side. Sooo, I have come to the conclusion that the ultimate in outdoor protection would be to actually use both of them together with the Noah underneath the weathershield. Yeah it may be expensive to the tune of about $475 buck, but it's still cheaper than having things rpainted. I will have to have areas buffed out in the spring. I have also considered having the 3M stuff applied the the high spots that are subject to the hazing.

I hope this helps you in your decision.

DS

Archived