TEAM SHELBY FORUM

C&L Intake

I've been watching for this. It's an interesting mod which is likely to add the most benefit for boosted applications. However, it does appear to provide some mariginal improvement for the N/A crowd. Since i'm a member of the N/A crowd I'm a little hopeful that a head/cam setup coupled with this could produce some moderately impressive numbers.

350HP is my number and I'm hoping simple head/cam can get me there. This may just be icing on the cake for later.... The pricing is fair.

Does look promising but the ad states it will add 20 RWHP with a CAI and tune. That would be about 23+ flywheel HP. We already have 19+ flywheel HP with the SGT's CAI and FRPP tune. Sounds like you would only be receiving about 3-5 HP for 799.00. I am sure with the high rise it would do much better with CNC heads and a cam but 3-5 HP (if my math is correct) is not much for 799.00. Anyone else's thoughts?

Agree. Most mods tell you how much hp you will gain from a stock engine. Example would be if you installed a cold air or tune then if you added headers or an aluminum drive shaft then the advertised gain would on account of mods be less. After your first mod you are no longer stock. If you got all the hp that these mods advertise then you would be right up there with the superchargers before long. There is nothing that will give you more hp for your buck than a S.C. but i'm like a lot of guys in that i will probably keep mine n/a. It does seem like you could get 350hp out of these cars fairly easily but it want be cheap and there is no one or two mods that will get you there but a combination of several mods for several thousand dollars. I have already spent 2000.00 with just shorty headers and aluminum d.s. and still nowhere near 350rwh.good-luck on mods.

Assuming you started with about 275 RWHP and have already added the headers and alum drive shaft you are probably about 295 RWHP now. The CNC heads and the FRPP Hot Rod Cam would probably put you at about 350 RWHP for about 5-6 K more. Total would be right about the same price as an installed SC but the SC makes even more. Decisions, decisions!

Assuming you started with about 275 RWHP and have already added the headers and alum drive shaft you are probably about 295 RWHP now. The CNC heads and the FRPP Hot Rod Cam would probably put you at about 350 RWHP for about 5-6 K more. Total would be right about the same price as an installed SC but the SC makes even more. Decisions, decisions!

69 I think after reviewing the options the s/c is the way to go. Also for the next generation of car collectors a SGT/SC will be the cherry to own. Look at the SAI made GT350's with the s/c option from the 60's they are the cherry GT350's. I think that these new blocks by design will last a long time unless you really beat on them....

That's what I did. Straight from the dealership to the dyno, 275.xx RWHP. Went on to add shorty headers (cheapest I could find), one piece drive shaft (much lighter) and custom tune, details in my sig.

Since then, I also added a lighter flywheel (by 13 pounds) and an improved clutch and pressure plate, and lighter brake rotors, but I haven't been back to the dyno yet. I'm sure LuLu is over 300 RWHP and 325 RWTQ at this stage, but I cannot say so with out testing.

It's good that someone is looking at improving other things in the engine bay, and this new intake is a step in that direction. However, every positive carries a negative, and just looking at it tells me that the strut tower brace won't fit over it. And, it's 799.00. As it has been pointed out, there is not a lot of "bang for the buck" here for the SGT owner.

Short cut to power is a blower, and for the money involved, I'll buy a Fays2 Watts link first. Building power is only half the story, gotta get the power to ground too, eh?

69 I think after reviewing the options the s/c is the way to go. Also for the next generation of car collectors a SGT/SC will be the cherry to own. Look at the SAI made GT350's with the s/c option from the 60's they are the cherry GT350's. I think that these new blocks by design will last a long time unless you really beat on them....

Mc, I cannot disagree with you. There are certainly advantages to to having a lopey, rough idle NA engine. And there are disadvantages. But the SC is definitely the most bang for the buck. And I still lean towards Paxton. Too bad SAI would not license the new Edelbrock which only utilizes 5 PSI of boost for about 465 HP. But alas, it will be years before I can afford to have mine completed and I really do not have an SAI dealer within even a days drive. Vegas is certainly too far to go and leave for an indefinite period of time.

Mc, I cannot disagree with you. There are certainly advantages to to having a lopey, rough idle NA engine. And there are disadvantages. But the SC is definitely the most bang for the buck. And I still lean towards Paxton. Too bad SAI would not license the new Edelbrock which only utilizes 5 PSI of boost for about 465 HP. But alas, it will be years before I can afford to have mine completed and I really do not have an SAI dealer within even a days drive. Vegas is certainly too far to go and leave for an indefinite period of time.

I hear you but if you are spending the money anyway...

You could also have a lopey idle and a s/c whine at take off/boost. It is possible to have both. :happy feet:

Flights are cheap to Vegas.... :drool:

Archived