TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Show Display stand for Mustangs

08GT500blue

I ran accross these Car Show Display stands over Thanksgiving weekend at the 2008 Central Florida International Auto show I met the owner who makes the stands we talked a little and he designed two stands for my 2008 GT500 and my 2008 GT500KR.

For those who take your Mustangs or other cars to car shows I ran across this place on the net that sells a rather nice compact car show stand. I ordered two one for my Blue 08 GT500 and one for my Black GT500KR.

The are pretty inexpensive under $100 here are a few pics of the stands custom made for my GT500's.

Gray stand w/ large plexiglas for my Shelby GT500KR

post-23570-1229518806_thumb.jpg

White stand w/ GT500 at the bottom for my Blue 08 Shelby GT500

post-23570-1229518779_thumb.jpg

Both stands with the GT500 and GT500KR graphics

post-23570-1229518822_thumb.jpg

This is the style of custom display I am having made to place ontop of my stands

post-23570-1229518937_thumb.jpg

Enjoy

John

post-23570-1229518779_thumb.jpg

post-23570-1229518806_thumb.jpg

post-23570-1229518822_thumb.jpg

post-23570-1229518937_thumb.jpg

I'm interested also. Wonder if it'll fit in the trunk with the shaker 1000 (or JL stealthbox) subs....doesn't look like it from the pics. Maybe it would just need some maneuvering.

How sturdy/flimsy are they?

I'm interested also. Wonder if it'll fit in the trunk with the shaker 1000 (or JL stealthbox) subs....doesn't look like it from the pics. Maybe it would just need some maneuvering.

How sturdy/flimsy are they?

I think they will the pics I posted the stand still could be pushed against the wall. The stands are sturdy the leg is supported byyour cars tire. The company provides rubber edge guards for each stand so the stand will not run against the car and cause any damage. I keep mine right against the car again with the soft rubber edge guards you will have no issues.

I have also had it several inches away from the car again no problem with it hitting. A friend who is a Camaro person had his stand at a car show when a nasty rain storm blew in with 40+ mph winds he said the stands did no budge.

IMHO this is far better then using a free standing stand that has no support and if wind comes and blows it down that kind of stand will do some damage if it hits the car. These like I said aare secured by the cars tire they are not budging.

PM with a link sent

• 1 month later...

Thought this was cool and excellent customer service.

I was at Best Buy this past Sunday they had a sale on digital picture frames I picked up a nice Kodak 8" frame and I was thinking this would be cool to add to the car show stand have a slide show of photos. So I called them up and asked if this could be done add a picture frame to there car show stand they told me sure can they just finished up two stands for a customer with these. I told them the frame I had they actually went out and purchased the same frame I have and mounted it to a stand and told me no problem the stand is ready for my frame. I was getting ready to have them paint the stand for me when I found out they now offer powder coating for stands. I ordered me a new GT500 stand w/ some new graphics they have plus powder coating.

Here is a sample of what the stand will look like oh BTW they have these on sale for $115 powder coated too :) Mine will be wite w/ the blue Shelby w/ the blue GT500 plus my car number :) I hope to have it next week.

Enjoy

John

post-23570-1233022878.jpg

post-23570-1233022878.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived