TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sound Diff between GT500 & KR Vid's

2008GT500KR

I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket H-Pipe and Mufflers to obtain the same sound.

I am also working on the H-pipe conversion. I already have the KR mufflers. If you want to see how Shelby does the H-pipe conversion check out pages 60-61 in the Shelby 2008 Annual. I was lucky enough to get one of the Shelby take off X-pipes to use as a template (see pic) to cut my x-pipe. I also lucked out and got a H-pipe cut off from a Bullitt Mustang (see pic). I am also going to use the template to cut the H-pipe to size. I ordered four (Ford Part # 4R3Z-5A231-AA) Clamps (See pics). I just need to find the time to cut my x-pipe and install the H-pipe. In the end all parts will be Ford, no aftermarket pieces. If anyone needs a tracing of the cut off X-pipe template PM me. I also included a pic of the of the real KR H-pipe and clamps posted earlier by 2008GT500KR.

post-19964-1229845084_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1229845248_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1230122577_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1230148338_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1229845084_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1229845248_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1230122577_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1230148338_thumb.jpg

I am also working on the H-pipe conversion. If you want to see how Shelby does the H-pipe switch check out pages 60-61 in the Shelby 2008 Annual. I was lucky enough to get one of the Shelby take off X-pipes to use as a template (see pic) to cut my x-pipe. I also lucked out and got a H-pipe cut off from a Bullitt Mustang (see pic). I am also going to use the template to cut the H-pipe to size. I ordered four Ford Part # 5A281 Exhaust Couplers. I just need to find the time to cut my x-pipe and install the H-pipe. If anyone needs a tracing of the cut off X-pipe template PM me.

Please show us the results from your installation and the sound of your aftermarket H pipe. I would love to hear it, before and after.

I am also working on the H-pipe conversion. If you want to see how Shelby does the H-pipe switch check out pages 60-61 in the Shelby 2008 Annual. I was lucky enough to get one of the Shelby take off X-pipes to use as a template (see pic) to cut my x-pipe. I also lucked out and got a H-pipe cut off from a Bullitt Mustang (see pic). I am also going to use the template to cut the H-pipe to size. I ordered four Ford Part # 5A281 Exhaust Couplers. I just need to find the time to cut my x-pipe and install the H-pipe. If anyone needs a tracing of the cut off X-pipe template PM me.

If you would like one thats ready and done with the template and video needed just give me a shout

If you would like one thats ready and done with the template and video needed just give me a shout

Wes K,

I hope to get my H-pipe conversion completed during the holidays. The Kay Are mufflers are on already. One question; Did you have to drop the mid pipes completely to install the H-pipe?

Wes K,

I hope to get my H-pipe conversion completed during the holidays. The Kay Are mufflers are on already. One question; Did you have to drop the mid pipes completely to install the H-pipe?

I keep the axleback and tie into it. cut just after the cats and clamp with SS double clamp. very similiar look to the pics you posted but mines not either of those. Bullit sections are easy to come by and not hard to mimic that sound at all.

Back from vacay and cant wait t get this party started. 2 new h-pipes arricved today and man they are SWEEEEEETT! (sorry no pics yet) I should have the big lot for shipment right after the holiday. I will have all the testing and video and sound clips ready for you all who are interested and its time to start shipping the H-pipe. Merry x-mas everybody and a happy New year.

Back from vacay and cant wait t get this party started. 2 new h-pipes arricved today and man they are SWEEEEEETT! (sorry no pics yet) I should have the big lot for shipment right after the holiday. I will have all the testing and video and sound clips ready for you all who are interested and its time to start shipping the H-pipe. Merry x-mas everybody and a happy New year.

Still got my address ?

:happy feet:

Wes; PM me when you get the H-Pipes ready for shipping. I am going to be going with this set for mine too!!

Thanks

Leroy

Alright Kids we got it done today (the H-pipe) that is. I will post a few pics tomorrow and a video clip or 2 maybe. the h-pipe on the stock shelby without the mufflers gives it a much deeper throatier sound, but not at idle. Mainly at a rev or passing by, but none the less a big difference NO DRONE. tommorow the KR mufflers will go on and then it will sound even better.

What in the world holds the X pipe to the exhaust pipes.

The factory x-pipe is clamped at the rear and welded at the front. The H-pipe uses the same 2 stock rear clamps and 2 oem clamps on the front.. very solid and you lose no strength or integrity of the exhaust.

From what I have heard just adding the KR mufflers to the stock X pipe gives you practically the same sound and better performance as an X flows better than an H especially with blown cars

mufflers usually will always change the sound of a car but you DO need the H-Pipe to complete this sound. thats why there is a custom H on the KR.

mufflers usually will always change the sound of a car but you DO need the H-Pipe to complete this sound. thats why there is a custom H on the KR.
I'm interested in a H-pipe e-mail me your price to make up one and ship to 54021 zip in wisconsin....where is k-r muffs avail. and whats the true p/n!!!!

Thank's Kent

kentonkeiner@hotmail.com

Archived