TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3m protective film

DPHSOONER

JUST GOT MY DASH PLAQUE BY THE WAY LOOKS GREAT...AND HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT DIFFER WAYS TO SEAL IT. HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT THE 3M PROTECTIVE UV FILM ??? IF SO PROS AND CONS..I KNOW THEY STATE IT IS REMOVABLE BUT MADE TO BE PERMANENT.

I went the Krylon route. Sprayed plaque prior to instal. 9 light coats as to avoid running. She is driven daily. I put a sun deflector in the in the front windshield when she is parked at work. I am the only who washes her so no worries on any cleaners being sprayed or rubbing done on the plaque. The way I pamper her I think she was my first girlfriend from a former life! :drool:

JUST GOT MY DASH PLAQUE BY THE WAY LOOKS GREAT...AND HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT DIFFER WAYS TO SEAL IT. HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT THE 3M PROTECTIVE UV FILM ??? IF SO PROS AND CONS..I KNOW THEY STATE IT IS REMOVABLE BUT MADE TO BE PERMANENT.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that using 3M clear bra will not completely prevent the signature from fading. I installed clear bra on my dash plaque the day I installed it, in a garage-kept, 3000 mile/year driven GT500. After 1 year, my dash plaque signature still faded considerably. Though it is still clearly legible, it is quite faded. It does make cleaning it easier, but this is not really a problem to begin with. For what its worth, you can easily apply this small section of clear bra without using liquids.

Archived