TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Customer Service at an All-Time Low

07 SHLB

I've read threads talking about bad service that people have received. Up until now, I was lucky to not be one of them. Everything that I've purchased seems to come through without a hitch and I get what I pay for, until now. Like anyone else, I try to find a way to save some money on the mods I buy. That sometimes has me order from one company so that I don't have to pay sales tax to another that is in my state.

I recently purchased a TVS on ebay and wanted to get a little more out of it when I did the install. I went to a company and purchased the required items to up the boost, along with a tune to go with it. I had some vacation coming up and was looking forward to completing the install and taking the car out for some fun. About a week after placing my order I noticed that it hadn't shipped yet. My vacation was only a couple days away so I inquired when my order may ship. I received no reply, but did noticed that it indicated it had shipped online. I ended up receiving my parts while I was on vacation and was expecting the tune to be in my inbox any day. My brother was over so we went ahead and installed the parts. The tune didn't come.

A day went by and I inquired about the tune. All I heard back was crickets. A week went by and I inqured about the tune again. I actually received a reply this time that it was already sent. I never received anything. I asked for it to be sent again and was told I have serious email issues. I tried sending a previous tune to my email address and received it with no problems. I asked again if they could try to send it and just got a reply that they had already tried to send it.

It's been over a week since they last made any contact or acknowledged my email requests. At no point did they offer a solution, if indeed the emails with the tune weren't getting through. Everything I received from them was a one line slam that it was all my fault I hadn't received my tune.

I've since requested a refund for the price I paid for the tune, but I still need a tune. The car has been sitting in the garage almost a month now and I can't even attempt to start it. It really baffles my mind that anyone would run a business this way. If in deed there was an issue with the tune getting through, why haven't they been more responsive? I've given my phone number and asked them to call, but never received a call.

This is the kind of customer service that's running this country into the ground. If people don't care, the monkeys will take over.

Vent over.

I've read threads talking about bad service that people have received. Up until now, I was lucky to not be one of them. Everything that I've purchased seems to come through without a hitch and I get what I pay for, until now. Like anyone else, I try to find a way to save some money on the mods I buy. That sometimes has me order from one company so that I don't have to pay sales tax to another that is in my state.

I recently purchased a TVS on ebay and wanted to get a little more out of it when I did the install. I went to a company and purchased the required items to up the boost, along with a tune to go with it. I had some vacation coming up and was looking forward to completing the install and taking the car out for some fun. About a week after placing my order I noticed that it hadn't shipped yet. My vacation was only a couple days away so I inquired when my order may ship. I received no reply, but did noticed that it indicated it had shipped online. I ended up receiving my parts while I was on vacation and was expecting the tune to be in my inbox any day. My brother was over so we went ahead and installed the parts. The tune didn't come.

A day went by and I inquired about the tune. All I heard back was crickets. A week went by and I inqured about the tune again. I actually received a reply this time that it was already sent. I never received anything. I asked for it to be sent again and was told I have serious email issues. I tried sending a previous tune to my email address and received it with no problems. I asked again if they could try to send it and just got a reply that they had already tried to send it.

It's been over a week since they last made any contact or acknowledged my email requests. At no point did they offer a solution, if indeed the emails with the tune weren't getting through. Everything I received from them was a one line slam that it was all my fault I hadn't received my tune.

I've since requested a refund for the price I paid for the tune, but I still need a tune. The car has been sitting in the garage almost a month now and I can't even attempt to start it. It really baffles my mind that anyone would run a business this way. If in deed there was an issue with the tune getting through, why haven't they been more responsive? I've given my phone number and asked them to call, but never received a call.

This is the kind of customer service that's running this country into the ground. If people don't care, the monkeys will take over.

Vent over.

Who is this unresponsive vendor?

Are you sure your ISP isn't filtering it out as spam? Ask the vendor if they get an email rejection - and if so - send it to you so you can resolve.

I originally thought that but I was able to send a tune to myself with no problem, from home and work.

The TVS tune you are expecting - is it the Ford Racing Procal tune?

No, I have additional mods.

Hey Steve, sorry to hear that, you could have picked one up from me, if I can help in any way let me know.

Sending a PM.

Vent over.

This vent will do the rest of us precious little good if the vendor's identity is kept secret. If this is a legitimate problem with a vendor, let us know who it is. Buy a pre-loaded flash tuner from a reputable company, and let us know who has caused you so much trouble. Hope you get it sorted out.

QUOTE (Justin00Stang @ Dec 16 2008, 09:39 PM)

Hey Steve, sorry to hear that, you could have picked one up from me, if I can help in any way let me know.

I will vouch for both his tune and that he will help as I have experienced both.

Same here, You will not be disappointed with Justin he's a stand up guy.

Archived