TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baer GT-PLUS brake systems

Has anyone installed this brake system on a Shelby GT? Curious as to what your experience is as well as your opinion.

Any excessive brake dust or noise issues?

Any known retail/wholesale outlets to purchase (at a discount)?

I will be running 19" American Racing GT5 forged aluminum wheels. I contacted Shelby (today) to assure the brake system will clear these wheels.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Has anyone installed this brake system on a Shelby GT? Curious as to what your experience is as well as your opinion.

Any excessive brake dust or noise issues?

Any known retail/wholesale outlets to purchase (at a discount)?

I will be running 19" American Racing GT5 forged aluminum wheels. I contacted Shelby (today) to assure the brake system will clear these wheels.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have them on my CS-6

Noisy - no. Dusty - yes. I don't bother cleaning the inside of my wheels because of the dust. I just leave them dust grey inside. Leave them for a while and the rotors get covered with rust (also occurs with the 6 piston Super Snake brakes), but even a very short drive cleans the rust off.

I am very pleased with them and would buy them again.

If you do get them, the instructions come with very specific break-in directions. Follow the instructions.

I have them on my CS-6

Noisy - no. Dusty - yes. I don't bother cleaning the inside of my wheels because of the dust. I just leave them dust grey inside. Leave them for a while and the rotors get covered with rust (also occurs with the 6 piston Super Snake brakes), but even a very short drive cleans the rust off.

I am very pleased with them and would buy them again.

If you do get them, the instructions come with very specific break-in directions. Follow the instructions.

Thanks for your imformation.

I had them installed at SAI when I had my 07 SGT/SC done last September. I also had the front and rear break ducts installed at the same time. GREAT BRAKES!!! I drove the car home from Las Vegas (850 miles) No noise, very little dust. The lack of dust may be because of the brake ducting blowing the dust clear of the wheels. I recommend them.

Archived