TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody Added Fog Lites Back To Your Shelby GT

Has anybody added fog lights to their Shelby GT ot GTH?

Seems a waste not to have them with the wiring, relay and switch already there from when SAI removed the factory lights?

Post pics if you have them.

Steve

I didn't know the wiring was shill there! Are you sure. My switch is just headlights I think.07 Shelby GT

That is one of my scheduled projects over the winter. If you have the 07 style grill (overlay bolted on to the hacked up GT grill) this can be accomplished using GT fogs and a little inguinuity (search this site as someone accomplished this already). However in my case, SAI replaced my grill under warranty for the 08 style. With this I found a set of GT fogs cheap so I'm planning to fabricate something to hold the fogs behind the grill!

Steve, Potty Dr (Rick) installed fog lamps into his SGTSC. He'll be in Gardena for the run if you want to check them out. He has the CS6 grille with the PIAA lamps in it.

I have just recently attempted to add the factory fog lights in my 07 SGT but the chrome grill sits too close to the original honeycomb and if you see closely SAI had to cut and grind the original housing for the fog lights in order to have the chrome grill sit flush with the stock and when you try to install the fog lights it will not fit properly unless you do some modification to it. Trust me I'm working on it, but the wiring is there, I found that out when I was changing my oil and I thought it would be cool to install the fog lights so I found some cheap ones $40...The fuse for the fog light was missing a 15 fuse .....

Check out these 2 posts: (I had another version of this where a member used old ford keys as brackets, however, can't seem to find the link again)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...08&hl=light

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...=light&st=0

This is nice!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/560733329ReDYym

Based upon the 07 GT-H verts I've seen this is a MUCH better installation light wise.

I would like to hear from someone who has this setup regarding the functionality of the lights. I just don't see how they can be aimed properly or useful that close to the ground. In all the pics I have seen they seem to point out and down.

I have the kit that was installed by the Shelby Mod Shop. They work fine with the switch but don't maintain their aiming too well. Especially at 90+ MPH. Also, I think they are too low to the ground to provide any good light. I am going to remove and store them when I can afford Agent 47 brake ducts.

Precious034.jpg

I used Freestyle fog lamps and cut them into the filler panels along side the opening in the lower bumper. used some Stainless bolts and long screws and nylon standoffs (spacers) from Lowe's to align them to flood the area in front. Ford sells pigtails for repair work that I wired to the existing lighting connectors. Looks good and works properly.

TEKHEAVY

I really like the Shelby letters that are on your front grill. How are they fastened? I was wondering if they could be applied to the GT500

The letters are fastened with a backing plate that comes with the letters. The plate sits behind the grille and you push the individual letters through the grille and into the corresponding hole on the backing plate. The letters have 2 or 3 tabs each and the backing plate has holes with locking clips to receive the tabs on the letters.

The letters are fastened with a backing plate that comes with the letters. The plate sits behind the grille and you push the individual letters through the grille and into the corresponding hole on the backing plate. The letters have 2 or 3 tabs each and the backing plate has holes with locking clips to receive the tabs on the letters.

Thanks

Archived