TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking to buy Shelby Gt500

QuadRacer041

I used to be into Mustangs about 10 years ago, had a 91 GT that I did a bunch a stuff too. But marrige and a kid took priority and I had to get rid of it. But I have been bitten by the snake once again. I'm looking to a 07-08 Shelby GT500 preferably a convert but if the price is right I would consider a coupe. Any know of any nice ones for sale or some good places to start looking?

I used to be into Mustangs about 10 years ago, had a 91 GT that I did a bunch a stuff too. But marrige and a kid took priority and I had to get rid of it. But I have been bitten by the snake once again. I'm looking to a 07-08 Shelby GT500 preferably a convert but if the price is right I would consider a coupe. Any know of any nice ones for sale or some good places to start looking?

Welcome to the forum. There is a for sale section on this forum check it out ,also a few members are salesman & I`am sure they could help. Great time to be buying

Quad, Welcome to Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

We have a couple of dealers that are TS members that should be able to help you out. Also lots of dealers on ebay selling new and low mile Shelby's.

This is probably the best time to buy a Shelby as its a buyers market and the end of the year is fast approaching for some of the best deals ever.

Post any questions you come up with and I'm sure we can get a quick answer for you.

Good luck on your search.

Steve

Thanks guys.

One question I have is......Do all the gt500's come with the same options? Another words is there only one GT500 package. As I look around I see prices ranging from mid 30's to 60's. Why so much of a differance is prices? Do some gt500 have more options then others?

Yes they can have different options. MM can probably address this question much easier than I could.

Calling MM.

Steve

Options on the GT 500 are pretty much limited to entertainment options. All come with leather, 6 speed (no automatic), power windows, door locks, tilt, cruise, power driver seat, etc. Prices range from just under sticker to WAY over sticker, depending on how bad the dealer wants to sell them. As of last week Pennyrile Ford, Hopkinsville, KY had a white/blue stripe coupe, Paducah Ford, Paducah, KY had 3 coupes in stock--a black/red stripe, white/blue stripe and a silver/blue stripe 40th edition. Also check Town & Country in Nashville, TN--ask for Jamie--he's the pro on hi-po ponies!

Good hunting!

Wheelman had it mostly correct.

There are only a few options for a GT500.

Premium GT500 Trim package

HID lights 08-09 options

Ambient lighting 0809 options

Shaker 1000

Navigation

Sat radio Standard on 09

Car cover

07- Red striped coupe

08- Red striped Vert

09- Red striped coupe and vert

MM

I got my eye on one, nice convert with only 1,100 miles. I hope it works out. Spoke to the guy, made him an offer.

Let us know how you did. Alot of the used ones that are high priced are usually people who are upside down in their loan and need to get rid of the car.

do yourself a favor and buy 09 made after august 08 you will still get good deal but that will save you lots of headache.

Archived