TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Lift

zcp789

I have had a 4 post and my Dad has a 4 post and a 2 post at his house. They 2 and 4 post have different advantages and disadvantages. Your selection should be based on the primary use of the lift. If the primary use is to be able to get more cars in the garage, the 4 post is the only choice, the 2 post will not raise a car high enough to get another car underneath plus you don't want to store a car supported on a 2 post for a long period of time. The 2 post gives you much better access to be able to work on the car especially if you need to do suspension or brake work. The 4 posts are easier to get the car in the air quickly.

I have a four post Bend Pack lift. Bought it from ASE Deals. Very happy with it. :happy feet: Only way to do any work on the car. :shades: Here are some pics. The Shelby is in storage on the lift. Using the space under for some material storage for a remodel project.

Bend_Pack_Lift1.jpg

Shelby_Sign.jpg

Bend_Pack_Lift2.jpg

Comes as a big package and I used a Bobcat and trailer to unload it from the truck and move it around back to the shop. The ramps (350 lbs) are heavy so I used an engine puller to install them. Used a pully to the rafters to install the cross bars.

Bend_Pack_Lift3.jpg

:D

Does anyone have their own car lift at home? If so, what kind? 4 post, 2 post?

Does anyone have / have used one of those scissor lifts that raises the car up about 2 feet?

If your going to store your car, go with the 4 post. Two reasons:

#1 - You definately do not want to store your car suspended by the frame for a long period of time.

#2 - If you happen to have a wife pulling next to it with her vehichle, it will be far less tramatic on your nerves to have a couple of extra posts for "security sake". :lol:

QSS

Just finished the purchase and assembly/install of a Eagle GLO-700 4-post lift. Great price and it works well for storing vehicles. Great add to the garage if you have the ceiling height available!

Make sure your floor is level before you purchase one though, or you'll need to do some extra work before you start.

I have a 4 post 9000lb capacity that I bought for $2795.00 plus shipping. I needed a lift that I could lift my dually in addition to other cars. The lift also has casters so that I can put it just about any where I want to. The lift also runs on 120 VAC, so when I roll the lift outside to say, pressure wash the under side of a vehicle I just run an extension cord. I love the versatility of this lift. :banghead: BTW, be aware that chain style lifts with a overhead locking bar are prone to folding doors in half if you happen to forget to close the car door while raising the lift (learned this the hard way).

i also have a 4 post lift, one of the best mods to have, using a jack all the time is time consuming and reeks havic on the frame after awhile going up and down at the corners. anyway i have a superlift (SR-7H) that is rated for 7k. i have it in my standard size garage and it works great.

DSC02382.jpg

I have had a 4 post and my Dad has a 4 post and a 2 post at his house. They 2 and 4 post have different advantages and disadvantages. Your selection should be based on the primary use of the lift. If the primary use is to be able to get more cars in the garage, the 4 post is the only choice, the 2 post will not raise a car high enough to get another car underneath plus you don't want to store a car supported on a 2 post for a long period of time. The 2 post gives you much better access to be able to work on the car especially if you need to do suspension or brake work. The 4 posts are easier to get the car in the air quickly.

I have the 4 post he used to have....I love it!

Archived