TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cleaning the Snake

SS333

Anyone have any issues washing the SS because of the hood vents?

I'd like to take my car through the local hand-wash but the guys use jet-washers and even if I tell them not to go crazy on the hood, will I end up with a soaked engine?

Any advice on this point? :headscratch:

I'd like to take my car through the local hand-wash but the guys use jet-washers and even if I tell them not to go crazy on the hood, will I end up with a soaked engine?

I have washed mine a few times. The only thing I worry about is the paint coming off the vents! I have seen this happen. Its just flat black and not hard to repaint, but thats what would scare me with the jet washers!

MM

I WOULD NOT DO THAT--PROTECTING THE STRIPING IS A FULL TIME JOB. MY HOOD GURRGLES AFTER WASHING WHEN I RAISE IT. WATCH THE WATER COME OUT OF THE EXHAUST WHEN YOU START IT.

BOB

I have had my car for over two years and have only washed my cat twice and both times I was caught in the rain.

If you put some towels under the hood and close it not all the way than the water will stay out. NEVER trust a guy that doesn't care about you're car to wash it EVER. I always do it myself that way it gets done the way I want. No questions asked. Buy some micro fibor towels and some good car cleaning products and you will be good to go.

Stay away from McGuire's I dont have time to explain just trust me on this one.

Art

Stay away from McGuire's I dont have time to explain just trust me on this one.

Art

when you have time, can u tell me the story about mcguires, i have used them and still have some on my shelf in the garage, it seems ok to me but i don't know much, small town people, just buy watsever the store has. currently i am on eagle one.

thank you

Hey SS333, go to www.glossitonline.com, these are the best products I have used. Talk to Rich, he is the owner. After the dealer washed my gt500 there were halograms and rids on the clear, grrrrr-I could have killed them! I read everything I could about polishing, and taking care of the stripes. Once applied your car will love you for it.

KK

Whew! After reading the title I was so hoping this was not a euphemism!

:hysterical:

No-No, you confusing this euphemism with the "I was polishing my gun and it accidently went off in my hand" euphemism...

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

McGuire's is hard to get off the car. It WILL stain the black plastic around the windows if you get it on there. I use WWW.Smartwax.com or www.Adamspolishes.com for my 68 mustang and 07 GT500. Some folks here swear by www.turtlewaxice.com I have used Adams on a hot car and came off no problem I also have the Porter Cable buffer I got mine at Lowes.

Adams had them at the same price when i got mine don't know now. All three products are good. I have McGuire's on my shelf to and that is where it will stay.

I tried to set up the link and it wouldn't go Sorry

Art

The hood on the KR if not careful when washing will allow water in big time, so just be careful and it is no problems at all.

Are you waxing over the black stripes on the Super Snake? If not, what should be done?

Lrock

[/quote

I think you can if you use the right kind of wax. McGuire's will stain any black part on the car so I never use that any more.

I like www.smartwax.com or www.adamspolishes.com and some like www.turtlewaxice.com

try it in a little spot that you cant see to see if it works it would be a pain in the ass if you had to watch out for the stripes.

I still cant add a link

Archived